Nissan Micra K13 3 cyl cam vs crank correlation

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.
RYM6746
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Nissan Micra K13 3 cyl cam vs crank correlation

Post by RYM6746 »

Hi guys.
I have a Nissan Micra K13 2013 3 cylinder engine code is HR12DR chassis number is MDHFEUK13U0700277.
Recently had a genuine timing chain fitted did start and run just had an extended crank. was logging a fault code P0014 Camshaft B timing. Now it is a crank no start with no spark and no fault codes present. Crank and both cam signals are present.Really need a known GOOD of this engine to see if the ECU simply isn't sparking as it is waiting to see cam and cranks aligned. The chain is very labour intensive and I need to be sure before we start delving in there. There are two wave forms with a slightly different engine code in the waveform library browser which kind of confirm my inlet cam is aligned but neither of these wave forms show an exhaust cam signal.This is the cam that relates to the previously stored fault code and the one I am really interested in. Does anyone have a known GOOD of this particular engine????
Thanks in advance
Attachments
Nissan_Micra_2013_Petrol_crank and both cams wont start.psdata
(1.56 MiB) Downloaded 457 times

Iver
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Nissan Micra K13 3 cyl cam vs crank correlation

Post by Iver »

Have seen my share of Nissans with the Stretched Timing Chain, always throwing a P0341 but never a no start.

Multiple misfire codes too. The Give away was always erratic manifold vacuum on an analogue gauge and tensioner out more than 10 mm. Visible with its hat off.

This I can see is a later engine but the basics remain valid.

Get a WPS in there, Pico may make a profit from selling it - You will make a fortune using it.

RYM6746
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Nissan Micra K13 3 cyl cam vs crank correlation

Post by RYM6746 »

I have had a WPS in there. You can't use it for accurate valve opening events whilst cranking. The engine has to be running with a stable idle for that to be accurate. Really need a known good with both camshaft signals involved before stripping engine