NVH question

Ask questions relating specifically to the PicoDiagnostics NVH equipment and software here.
californiagarage

NVH question

Post by californiagarage »

I just bought a pico 4425 scope, I have been using scopes for diagnostics for the last 9 years but I can say that pico's memory buffer and high resolution takes it to a whole new level :) was a mistake that I didn't buy a pico before

first of all apart from general diagnostic we deal with diesel injector problems all day (we as a diesel service have all the equipment to repair/test CR injectors)

however I want to take it a step further to diagnose (usually diesel knock with very high amplitude which is the main customer complain) diesel knock originating from a faulty injector

therefore under engine load conditions can an NVH module with a mic in the engine bay be used to diagnose in real time E0.5 and E2, together with a current clamp on X# injector to determine which #injector is contributing to the diesel knock (ex injector missing its pilot injections) , by comparing the trigger of the injector from the ecu to the moment the sound of the knock is produced by the engine on the same time base. Will there be a considerable processing delay from the NVH module to upload it to the scope or is it negligible and it will not mess up the reading?

thanks in advance