Suzuki Pico

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
janvisser79

Suzuki Pico

Post by janvisser79 »

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and was wondering why my Suzuki Pico Automotive (4223/14 -CR221/194)won't work with the Pico automotive 6 software?

Kind regards,

Jan Visser.

Martyn
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: Suzuki Pico

Post by Martyn »

it is because the scope is locked to the Suzuki specific version of the PicoScope software
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

ben.martins
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by ben.martins »

Hello Janvisser79,

Welcome to the forum!

As Martyn has mentioned the Suzuki branded scopes are locked to their version of PicoScope. If you still work at a Suzuki dealership please contact your technical support team and they will be able to issue you with the correct version of software for your scope.

Sorry we can't get you up and running straight away but please let us know if there is anything else you require assistance with. There is a lot of information here on the forum and do feel free to get involved or ask questions as you continue with your PicoScope journey.

Kind regards

Ben

janvisser79

Post by janvisser79 »

Hi Martyn,

Thanks for the quick response! Anyway to unlock it :wink: ?

Best regards,

Jan Visser.

Martyn
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Martyn »

Unfortunately not as the scope and software are controlled by Suzuki
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

liviu2004
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by liviu2004 »

janvisser79 wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:21 am
Hi Martyn,

Thanks for the quick response! Anyway to unlock it :wink: ?

Best regards,

Jan Visser.
Indiscreet question: did Suzuki sold you this scope, therefore you have proof of ownership? If that is so, who knows what are the terms and conditions of the contact between Pico and Suzuki, are you aware of those?

janvisser79

Post by janvisser79 »

Hi,

We bought the the scope. I do not know what the terms and conditions are, but I spoke to Suzuki technical support and they also would like to know how the scope would be able to run Pico 6...... Therefore I don't think it's a big deal.... And the terms and conditions are probably at least 8 years old....

ben.martins
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by ben.martins »

Hello janvisser,

Could we just establish, do you work at a Suzuki dealership? Or have you purchased a Suzuki scope direct from them or from another source?

Please appreciate that the manufacturer would have set up an agreement with Pico Technology in order for us to supply equipment to their dealerships. This agreement would include a number of features that they would have specified including their branded scope only to work with their branded software.

This is something that is locked both by hardware and software which means it will not work with the generic software. If you are able to speak directly with Suzuki they may issue you with the software but that would be for them to decide, not for us.

Sorry if this isn't the answer you were looking for but if you are working in a Suzuki dealership they will have all the necessary links to the software. If they don't, then please ask them to contact us directly to assist further.

Kind regards

Ben