Picoscope 2206B

Come here to introduce yourself, who you are, what you do, and tell us your
experience with our automotive products.
chris.mogs

Picoscope 2206B

Post by chris.mogs »

Hi Guys
I'm Chris from Norwich. I'm trying to diagnose some faults cam/fuel pressure with the above scope but it is not detected by the latest version of your software just goes into demo mode. I'm running windows 7 and this is the first time I've installed the software. Please advise.

Many thanks in advance,

Chris

PicoKev
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Picoscope 2206B

Post by PicoKev »

Are you trying to use the automotive software?

If so that is your problem, the 2000 series scopes are T&M scopes and do not work with the automotive software! Also you will not have access to the automotive library. :(

You will need to download the test and measurement software From Here and be very aware of the voltage input limits of the scope, along with the lack of front end protection that is built into the automotive models, so use attenuation wisely and often.😉

This is a 20 Volt Max Input scope so any measurement above NBV will need attenuation.

Having said that it is still a very capable scope and given the awesome power of the Picoscope software it is still as good if not bettert than the ACD212 that I started with Aeons ago! :D :D Just use it carefully

HTH
Kev.
Last edited by PicoKev on Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:46 am, edited 3 times in total.

ben.martins
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: Picoscope 2206B

Post by ben.martins »

Hello Chris,

As Kev has mentioned the 2000 series is not designed to work within our industry which is why it will not work with the Automotive software. Besides the input voltage being much lower, this scope does not contain the protection from voltage spikes that we sometimes see within automotive circuits. If using a 2000 series scope and this occurs the scope will no longer operate as intended.

We have put together a post on this topic which can be found here - PicoScope Automotive devices v PicoScope Test & Measurement devices

Hopefully there are more answers here to using this device for our industry.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards

Ben