Hello from maine

Come here to introduce yourself, who you are, what you do, and tell us your
experience with our automotive products.
FarmerMatt

Hello from maine

Post by FarmerMatt »

Hi I’m Matt from Maine. I work at a busy shop where we work on all makes and models and we get to work on European cars a lot. I don’t want to say we specialize in them. But we understand them better. We also do fleet service on ambulances, gas and diesel light/med duty for a couple other accounts.

Lucky for me the smart gentleman who generally hooked up the scope moved on... so I’ve got some big shoes to fill. Thankfully I have been working on all makes and models for over 10 years.

I’ve been using this scope excessively for a couple weeks. So far it’s given me definite proof of the problem and confirmed circuit integrity. Where many times in the past, a common failure part or module that had dvom and scope on a rope results that were acceptable to me... It wasn’t the problem.

I have so much to learn and so much more to understand about automotive electronics. And I’ll definitely be asking here for help interpreting what I’m doing. I’ve been watching videos at lunch and before bed to help me but I’m the type who has to do something, struggle, and eventually I’ll just maybe understand.

I’d rather be farming,

Matt

ben.martins
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: Hello from maine

Post by ben.martins »

Hello Matt,

Welcome to the forum!

There is a lot to take in on here from some really amazing technicians. We all have something to learn from each other and with your years of service I'm sure you will be able to help others out as well.

Please ask questions and share your PicoScope journey, we're all in this together! To help you get started here is the link to useful information page where we add new posts and topics as they come up. https://www.picoauto.com/support/topic15231.html

Kind regards

Ben