Mixmaster

Ask any questions relating to the PicoScope hardware or kit contents here.
If you have any questions prior to purchasing the kit post them here.
Technician
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Mixmaster

Post by Technician »

Having just purchased the Mixmaster and reading the guide booklet, I have my first question regarding setup and ignition waveforms.

When I connect the secondary ignition leads to the mixmaster and each cylinder regarding Bank A or Bank B does the mixmaster read cylinder order i.e. cylinder 1,2,3,4... or cylinder firing order 1,3,4,2. I suspect looking at the details it will be cylinder order but would appreciate confirmation.

Edited/additional information

Following the guidelines from the booklet supplied I have completed my first trial run with the Mixmaster this evening. In the booklet the information advises to select ignition and then secondary, secondary distributor. The problem there appears to be we don't use distributors anymore in the UK, and the automotive tab on the scope gives options and I chose a selection for wasted spark ignitions systems. The menu on the scope lower bar advises that the scope Mixmaster is looking at a 8 cylinder engine when indeed I'm looking at four cylinders, so I'm not sure if that now is because of the software in the scope or the Mixmaster is somehow pre-configured for use?

At the moment i've no confidence in what the scope is showing me, is it a single cylinder repeated waveform or cylinders 1,2,3,4 on two traces?

I was kind of expecting a single trace showing four cylinders but different menus seem to complete the same results. Is there a specific way/settings to ensure correct scope traces for four cylinders!