EGR valve cooler flap

If you are not a PicoScope user and want advice with a diagnostic problem then post here. Forum members may be able to help.
AXGarageEquip

EGR valve cooler flap

Post by AXGarageEquip »

Hi there. I’ve just had a problem with my Renault master 2.3 125dci . Lost power and injector warning on dash.
Found the egr valve cooler arm and vacuum actuation wire broken. When I took it off I found the flap inside broken and missing..... Which direction would it go ????

I’ve had all the intercooler / pipes off to clean oil which I’ve found due to this problem and now changed the turbo to stop further oil

Still no flap???

Could it go straight out of the exhaust.?
I did have a tinny rattle for a couple weeks which I thought was a heat deflector... but once I had power loss the rattle disappeared.

Thanks
Andre

Iver
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: EGR valve cooler flap

Post by Iver »

Which direction would it go ????
It can really only go one way ?
I’ve had all the intercooler / pipes off to clean oil which I’ve found due to this problem and now changed the turbo to stop further oil
Any Evidence that it has been through the Turbo ??
Could it go straight out of the exhaust.?
I did have a tinny rattle for a couple weeks which I thought was a heat deflector.
Well I suppose it could do but not likely without leaving some marks as evidence. For sure it would have to exit through the small opening of the Exhaust Valve.

Do you know it was there in the first place ???

BMW had an issue where the Swirl Flaps would disintegrate and ruin the Engine. I had one where it damaged the engine going in, the Cat & the upstream 02 on the way out.

Jay2cwl

Re: EGR valve cooler flap

Post by Jay2cwl »

I have the exact same symptoms with mine, did you find the problem and did it damage your turbo?