Stacking wave forms

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
Technician
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Stacking wave forms

Post by Technician »

When viewing wave forms on the scope, is it possible to bring onto the screen another wave form!

What do I mean?

Suppose I have a WPS wave form of Cylinder 1, and then I want to do a visual comparison of cylinder 2, 3 etc on the same screen at the same time. Is this possible?

Martyn
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: Stacking wave forms

Post by Martyn »

Looks like you mean reference waveforms, right click on the display and you should see the option.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

liviu2004
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by liviu2004 »

With some limitation, time domain cannot be individually adjusted.

Technician
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Technician »

Martyn wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:55 pm
Looks like you mean reference waveforms, right click on the display and you should see the option.
When I right click the screen area a menu appears and the closest option I can see is the 'Add view', however that view is not the wave form that I'd like to compare. If I had as an example a four cylinder engine and I wanted to compare cylinders 1 and 2 using the wave forms from the WPS, then really what I am looking at is the scopes ability to overlay one pattern with another!

I'm not really sure why that could be necessary but I was thinking that each cylinder should be at least view-able on the same screen for comparison purposes. If an overlay facility was available then when timing of individual cylinders is suspect, the wave forms can be visually compared easily if that makes sense!

If I can upload this wave form it should show what I'm trying to explain, where the valve timing of each cylinder can be compared.
Attachments
Capture of overlay.PNG
Capture of overlay.PNG (8.32 KiB) Viewed 5468 times

Iver
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Iver »

Reference waveforms are covered by a video someplace on this site. Sure I have seen it & a search should find it.

Now this has been bought up before, being able to get a few WPS captures on a screen.

What we need is a PAUSE Button. So we can compare a few captures on the same screen.

Very Good for Before and After too.

That was discussed some time ago here

https://www.picoauto.com/support/topic15681.html

Pico guys. Is that a yes or no to the Pause Button ? It should have made some progress in the Ideas Funnel by now !!!

Technician
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Technician »

Having now understood what Martin said in a previous post here, I now understand why the button is not required and how to have multiple waveforms from different cylinders on the same scope screen for comparisons.