PicoScope Automotive and PicoScope 2000 Series?

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
freelander

PicoScope Automotive and PicoScope 2000 Series?

Post by freelander »

Hi i have a PicoScope 2000 Series and wanted to access the crank-cam waveforms database,
but after installing PicoScope Automotive it just popups a window that said something along the lines
"No valid device detected".

So do i need an older version of PicoScope Automotive or is it just not a valid device for that software ?

Martyn
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: PicoScope Automotive and PicoScope 2000 Series?

Post by Martyn »

Sorry 2000 series devices are not compatible with the Automotive Software or the Waveform Database.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

johspa

Post by johspa »

So, is there a compatibility document that states the models that are compatible with the PicoScope Automotive? Would all the discontinued auto scopes still work?

Regards

ben.martins
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by ben.martins »

Hello,

I think the following post might help to explain some of the differences between the 2000 series and the automotive versions - https://www.picoauto.com/support/topic19501.html

In terms of older scopes, the 3000 series is still used throughout the world and is actually a better scope now due to the improvements made to the software. Being an automotive scope this will of course allow access to the waveform library.

I hope this helps and if there are further questions please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Kind regards

Ben

Autonerdz
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Autonerdz »

ben.martins wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:57 pm
the 3000 series is still used throughout the world and is actually a better scope now due to the improvements made to the software.
Hi Ben,

New features, yes indeed, but the newer PicoScope builds have dummied down the block mode performance of the 3000 series. Would be nice if that performance could be restored 8)

Later.... Nevermind. :roll:

Memory fails me here. The software wasn't actually dummied down. It's more of a hardware limitation. With only 512k sample buffer, it simply performs better in streaming mode at all available streaming time bases.

In the early times of the 3000, changing the block mode transition in preferences had no effect and it went into streaming at 100ms/div no matter what.

So the software change that took place allowed you to change this transition with the 3000 series. Having this set at anything but 100ms/div will dummy it down.