octivia vrs flat spot

If you are not a PicoScope user and want advice with a diagnostic problem then post here. Forum members may be able to help.
aronfields

octivia vrs flat spot

Post by aronfields »

2008 vrs bmn enginge code

back story car has been remapped and had the dpf deleted. (not by me)

about 3 months after the remap, at 3k revs its developed a noticeable flat spot the about 3400 rpm it picks up again and starts boosting.

no fault codes

on live data on the snap on verus nomial boost requesting 2500m/bar, actual boost 2604m/bar at 2982 rpm

am i right to believe the car is over boosting and the ecu is backing the boost of as a safety precuation and that this is being casued by sticky vnts in the turbo ??

JoaoGaudencio

Re: octivia vrs flat spot

Post by JoaoGaudencio »

back story car has been remapped and had the dpf deleted. (not by me)
I dind't read that! My advice for you is to put a new or even used DPF. Our enviroment and your engine too says thanks!
about 3 months after the remap, at 3k revs its developed a noticeable flat spot the about 3400 rpm it picks up again and starts boosting

That sounds a failure with your file (ECU).
It's better to put a new stock file (remember the part of DPF....) or do a new remap.

on live data on the snap on verus nomial boost requesting 2500m/bar, actual boost 2604m/bar at 2982 rpm
am i right to believe the car is over boosting and the ecu is backing the boost of as a safety precuation and that this is being casued by sticky vnts in the turbo ??
Maybe.. But I'll say the problem is in your remap file.