NISSAN juke C1130 fault code

If you are not a PicoScope user and want advice with a diagnostic problem then post here. Forum members may be able to help.
Gudgeon1
OneWave
OneWave

NISSAN juke C1130 fault code

Post by Gudgeon1 »

Hi there,we have in our workshop atm a Nissan Juke 1.5dci with the ESP light illuminated,there is a code in the ABS module C1130 which reads as Engine signal 1,there are no codes in the Engine module,if I clear the code it doesn’t come back when the ignition is switched back on only when the vehicle is started,this is accompanied by the ABS pump running for a few seconds then the ESP light comes back on.Things I have tried so far after googling this code are,checked to see if the exhaust gas pressure sensor pipe is blocked which it isn’t(can’t really see how this can be related to an ESP fault),the gas pressure sensor itself(3 wires)I’ve got 5V supply,earth and signal out which varies as the vehicle is revved up(as pressure increases) and all the wheel speed sensors read ok in live data,I’m beginning to think this is either an ABS module or ECM problem.....Any thoughts guys ???.....Thanks

frank355

Re: NISSAN juke C1130 fault code

Post by frank355 »

Is this a hard fault or past?
I have had this lots of times even using Nissan diagnostic software.
For me though the fault clears and has not returned but with a non Nissan tool it won’t shift. The pipe your talking about was that in relation to DPF? Nissan have in the past used the esp or 4wd lamps when there is a problem in the diesel system!
Sorry it’s not much help but just thought I would give you a heads up on my experience.

Gudgeon1
OneWave
OneWave

Post by Gudgeon1 »

Thanks for taking the time to reply Frank,this code won’t clear although I’m using an Autel maxysis diagnostic machine not the consult(but I have also tried the snap-on modus),the code will clear with ignition on Engine off but as soon as the Engine is started the code returns,spoke to BBA reman who said that they have had 4 Nissan juke ABS pumps sent in with this code(C1130)for a check but no fault found in any of them....Thanks again Frank

Gudgeon1
OneWave
OneWave

Post by Gudgeon1 »

Hi Frank,no the pipe I’m referring to isn’t the DPF sensor pipe it’s the exhaust pressure sensor pipe,tbh I’ve never seen a vehicle with one of these on before and I’m not sure what it actually does,looking in the live data readings I can’t find a pid for it either....Many Thanks

frank355

Post by frank355 »

Yea that pipe has a tendency to soot up and often give off the wrong pressure readings and that makes the ecu think the DPF is blocked. If I can I will try find more info on it for you.

frank355

Post by frank355 »

There is also an earth behind the abs unit on the fire wall that can sometimes cause the light to come on, passanger side under the bonnet, take it of clean it and put it back on, also check the fuse box for a blown fuse inside the vehicle. These are the only other two other things Ive came across.

Gudgeon1
OneWave
OneWave

Post by Gudgeon1 »

Cheers Frank much appreciated

HillVS

Post by HillVS »

Hi, just thought I comment as I get so much info from sites like this and want to help.

Iv has many of these problems on the Nissan jukes and that code is related to a engine fault weird I know.

What I found is that it is always the pipe or the banjo bolt blocked going to a pressure sensor. It’s the one at the top of the engine with a small piece of rubber pipe going on to a metal pipe then dissapeares behind the manifold, it’s bolted to the manifold or the head (can’t remember) with a banjo bolt.

Hope this makes sense and helps
Mike.

Gudgeon1
OneWave
OneWave

Post by Gudgeon1 »

Hi Mike I appreciate you trying to help but I’ve removed this pipe(a real nightmare)to make sure 100% that it isn’t blocked and it’s perfectly clear and the pressure sensor reads correctly when the engine is revved,ive checked numerous other things as well including the ones mentioned by Frank earlier in this thread,I’m really struggling to get to the bottom of this issue....Thanks again Mike 👍🏻

mcmullanryan

Post by mcmullanryan »

I came across this a few months back, solution on that one was to update ECU software. Though I was informed from another garage that an EGR fault set this code on one that they had done. As each year passes I am updating more and more modules to rectify faults. Last week Peugeot ECU update to resolve non charge condition and today another Peugeot, this one with ESP fault also software related fault. Hope this helps.