Nissan Navara D40 2011 Thai built with DPF and its automatic. P0238 CODE LOGGED

Come here to introduce yourself, who you are, what you do, and tell us your
experience with our automotive products.
frank355

Nissan Navara D40 2011 Thai built with DPF and its automatic. P0238 CODE LOGGED

Post by frank355 »

Hi Guys.
New to the forum and wish I had the money for a pico scope. I wish I could interpret these readings and convert them to knowledge. Knowledge is power, and power is success. Success is a goal I strive for to assist others for free in my knowledge. I love fixing cars and I do always repair vehicles for free to my friends and family, I often help stranded people on the road as well. I just love fixing stuff and thats not just in the automotive sense. I try anything, if its broken you cant make it any worse. Thats always been my moto.

Ive been reading post here for a long time and its very techy at times, too techy for me and my knowledge at times, but I still enjoy the chat and feedback from you all trying to lend a hand and give your experience to those who sometimes dont think outside the box.
Which brings me here to my own problem.
I have a Navara as described above, it went into limp the other day and no codes were present.
I checked waste gate valve and noticed it had not lifted as it should at idle. I checked the VNC solenoid and noticed it was not producing vacuum to the waste gate. I checked for power and ground, all was good. I read the live data and I also noticed that the suction control valve reading were very erratic from 22 mpa to 38 mpa at idle.
I changed the VNC and now I have boost and no hesitation, limp mode or flat spot, I replaced the fuel filter and carried out the pump learn clear. The vehicle was fine and when i road tested it it felt great with no hesitation,but I have tripped a code for P0238 boost pressure sensor circuit high. Vehicle still drives good though. I have tested the boost pressure sensor and have the correct readings as per nissan technical manuals. I have bench tested it with a Mitty Vac and also get the correct readings.I checked all vac and hose lines with no faults, the waste gate appears to be fine as well but I am now very stumped at what to try next.
Bearing in mind guys I am not a very technical person and my knowledge is not as vast as I would like it to be.
Sorry if i crashed the intro and turned it into something more than I should but I am just stumped here.
Thanks in advance
Frank

frank355

Re: Nissan Navara D40 2011 Thai built with DPF and its automatic. P0238 CODE LOGGED

Post by frank355 »

Hi guys back again.
I noticed lots of views but no reply’s, can anyone tell me why?
Did I break the code of a fault discussion in the intro page?
If I have I apologise for this,if I didn’t then is this a forum that doesn’t reply to new people? Either way I would like to say that the problem with the vehicle was a faulty pressure sensor on the intercooler! Even though I bench tested as per Nissan’s specs and tested It in the live data readings, at some point the sensor failed for a second causing the fault!
I replaced with a known good one and test drove with no fault returning, then replaced with a new one and the car is running good.
Any comments would be appreciated regarding no reply to my trouble code.
Thank you