MERCEDES SBS-Wheel Speed Signal

If you are not a PicoScope user and want advice with a diagnostic problem then post here. Forum members may be able to help.
Furtmair Auto
OneWave
OneWave

MERCEDES SBS-Wheel Speed Signal

Post by Furtmair Auto »

Dear Pico Friends:

Does anyone have good wheel speed sensor signal for SBC - unit as used on the Mercedes 2001 to 2006 (I believe)? I connected to pin 35 and 16 for left rear sensor and 34 and 33 for right rear. RIGHT is the good one, does not trigger a fault code, LEFT sets a fault code.
I tried to upload my waveform, but it says: 'File too large. Try selecting "CURRENT WAVEFORM ONLY",
but I can't find it. As soon as I know, I will upload the file.

You might say I have a good one, but I can't make head or tails out of the good right one.
I assume, the SBC shuts down right away as soon it sees an error!?

Thanks in advance.

Uli
Attachments
sbc.rtf
(11.61 MiB) Downloaded 359 times

Furtmair Auto
OneWave
OneWave

Re: MERCEDES SBC-Wheel Speed Signal

Post by Furtmair Auto »

Dear Pico friends:

car is fixed now, problem was the left rear reluctor ABS/SBC ring (Part # 230.357.0182).

Attached 2 wordpad files with repaired left rear (blue) wheel and good right rear wheel signal (red). 2nd. picture shows left rear wheel in 20V DC mode to compare.
I could not believe a GOOD signal produces only 600mVolt!
I have not heard back how too: Save "CURRENT WAVEFORM ONLY". As soon as I know, I will upload the file.

Sorry about the typo in the original headliner I was typing SBC and thinking ABS, that the error with the "S".

Thanks
Uli
Attachments
SBC working.rtf
(11.61 MiB) Downloaded 367 times
SBC working left wheel in DC scale.rtf
(11.61 MiB) Downloaded 351 times