multiply channels by using more scopes

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
MerteAN

multiply channels by using more scopes

Post by MerteAN »

Hi,

Is it possible to attach 2 or more Pico 4425 scopes so i can cover 8+ channels?
And how to setup in picoscope 6?

Just asking.

Best regards,
Merte

ben.martins
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: multiply channels by using more scopes

Post by ben.martins »

Hello Merte,

This is something we get asked a lot and sadly the answer is a no.

However, there is a way we can capture more than 4 signals all at the same time but it involves opening two instances of PicoScope. If we were to use a trigger signal for both scopes for example Ignition on cylinder 1, then we can sync the two together and we could add 4 cam signal and a crank signal. I know it isn't perfect but this will give you the option of 7 channels. To give you all the channels on one screen then you have the option of importing them as reference waveforms which will be in the right time as they all had the same trigger.

As I said not ideal but this method has been used by other users. The question keeps coming up and I can assure you is on the 'wish list' of new features. Keep the ideas coming though, we like to have new ideas from the people using PicoScope in the real world.

Kind regards

Ben

Autonerdz
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Autonerdz »

Some of our users do this. This was the subject of our September 2018 Group Therapy webinar.

This is tricky as you might trigger off two different engine cycles if you don't start them at exactly the same instant.

That being said, at no point would the two scopes be truly in sync no matter what. It's better if you have two of the same model though. It also makes a difference if you are in block or streaming mode.

sheng

Post by sheng »

Hello
I want to run two picoscopes 4824A at the same time to capture 16 channels of signal. I have copied the ps4000aWrap.dll and replicated the VIs. The two scopes can work but they get the stream data at different speeds. The first opened picoscope has a higher speed. I saved the data for every channel. The first opened picoscope got lager sample points at the same running time. On the other hand, the save data size for the first opened picoscope's individual channel is bigger than the second pico's channel. And the B-channel data for the first opened picoscope is extremely larger than the other channels.
I have upload the newest LabVIEW program and the lab file I used. I don’t know why this would happen. Could anyone give me advice?
Attachments
ps4000aWrap - Copy.zip
(100.79 KiB) Downloaded 312 times

Martyn
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Martyn »

Hi Sheng,
This forum is for automotive users who are unlikely to be familiar with LabVIEW, please email support@picotech.com directly or post your question on the Test and Measurement Forum https://www.picotech.com/support/index.php
Martyn
Technical Support Manager