Mack/Volvo MP8/D13 delphi injector current ramp

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.
Mathis3521

Mack/Volvo MP8/D13 delphi injector current ramp

Post by Mathis3521 »

has anyone on here ever done a current ramp test on Mack MP8 or Volvo D13 injectors? they want you to test voltage common (bank fired) to injector signal (pull to ground). however I would like to test the current ramp on these injectors in the case of a voltage signal check not showing me what I want to see which is actual injector performance. if anyone has ever done this test or anything similar I would like to see what the wave form should or should not look like. any advice would be much appreciated.

ronw38
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Mack/Volvo MP8/D13 delphi injector current ramp

Post by ronw38 »

Hi try Pico help , select Online Documentation , select Actuators , select Injectors [diesel] select make , select voltage or current tests this will guide your procedure. Cheers Ron

lastvagn8
OneWave
OneWave

Post by lastvagn8 »

Hi Mathis,

Did you solve the problem? Im interested in the solution if you have it. :) Since it is 4-wires to the injector, I never tried them.

TonyTools

Post by TonyTools »

Hi Mathis

I’m interested in how you got on and have you got any reading, do a lot of Volvo diagnostics. Will be trying to scope injectors next week on a intermittent injector fault on a Volvo FM D11 engine. Same type of injector.

Sharpy
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Sharpy »

TonyTools wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 5:30 pm
Hi Mathis

I’m interested in how you got on and have you got any reading, do a lot of Volvo diagnostics. Will be trying to scope injectors next week on a intermittent injector fault on a Volvo FM D11 engine. Same type of injector.
What age is the Volvo? I have some injector current captures mostly for the euro 6s as the older ones didn't give as much bother.