opel zafira

If you are not a PicoScope user and want advice with a diagnostic problem then post here. Forum members may be able to help.
lastvagn8
OneWave
OneWave

opel zafira

Post by lastvagn8 »

Hi all! I think I have a problem, one of my mechanics at the shop replaced a crankshaftseal on a Opel Zafira, and clutch ofc.

Fired it up to take a testdrive.

The car almost didnt run on idle. Better at 3000 rpm. Suspected a damaged CKP-sensor, hooked up the pico, seems perfectly normal. Tested toghether with Camsensor, seems out of sync. Instead of CKP (inductive) beeing in center of Camshaftsensor (halleffect) it is in the late period. Dont have a pic atm because of problem with computer.
Can it be possible that the mec, mounted the flywheel wrong? Or is it just the timing belt that have failed somehow? Didnt have time in the afternoon to line it up.

liviu2004
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: opel zafira

Post by liviu2004 »

You don’t even bother to say which zafira a, b, c and not even the engine.
What do you expect from us? To take out the glass ball?

lastvagn8
OneWave
OneWave

Post by lastvagn8 »

Hello,

Sorry about that. A little to eager maybe! :)
Mostly wondering wheter it really can be that the flywheel is put back in the wrong position, or that the camshaftbelt has jumped, or something else....

It is a Zafira A, with a Z18XE engine. Took a photo today of the printout from the scope. nvm the text in the bottom, its not a 1.6 ltr engine.
Attachments
20190227_130811.jpg

liviu2004
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by liviu2004 »

I’ve posted on waveform library a capture of crank cam from z14xe opel corsa c, I believe is the same timing.
Compare them and let me know.
Zafira A does not use the flywheel for speed sensor, so you are on wrong path.
What faultcodes do you get?

lastvagn8
OneWave
OneWave

Post by lastvagn8 »

looked at your waveform posted on Z14XE, I agree it looks just like mine. So thats good. I will continue tomorrow, I will provide DTC and hopefully a solution tomorrow.

Thank you for your time!
/jim

lastvagn8
OneWave
OneWave

Post by lastvagn8 »

hello again.

the problem was a vacuumhose between the evap-valve and the intake.
easy solution but it didnt sound like a vacuum-problem car...

/jim