Pico software V6.13.14.4038

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
s4c
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Pico software V6.13.14.4038

Post by s4c »

Hi

I have just loaded the latest software version and have noticed that the customer information tab in 'DETAILS' is now missing.

In the past, I have been diligent with logging vehicle reg and customer details and now it appears that is all lost.

Is there a reason for this function being removed?

Regards

Simon

Alan
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: Pico software V6.13.14.4038

Post by Alan »

Have you also lost the automotive drop down menu? If so you may have installed the wrong version - make sure you get the automotive version from https://www.picoauto.com/downloads

s4c
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by s4c »

Hi

Thanks for the reply.
I do have the Automotive software loaded.

Regards

Simon

ben.martins
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by ben.martins »

Hello s4c,

Thank you for your post and I believe I understand what you are referring too.

The customer details box was removed to fall in line with the 2018 GDPR ruling about retaining and sharing customers information. As we can share PSDATA files with anyone in the world it would fall outside of these rules and therefore we had to remove the box.

Also, please bear in mind that if opening a file with a newer version of PicoScope and then re-saving the file, these details will be permanently removed from the file.

The vehicle details still remains the same and of course there is the notes section where you can add as much information regarding your connection to the vehicle as you like.

I hope this helps in some way and explains why the customer details box is no longer present.

Kind regards

Ben

s4c
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by s4c »

Hi Ben

Many thanks for the explanation.

Simon