Saving settings

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
paullap
OneWave
OneWave

Saving settings

Post by paullap »

Hi If I set up a low pass filter in the Maths channel, does it save it on the Pico scope or the PC. so if i set one up in my office computer and I go to my workshop on another computer will it be there or on my office computer only.

Paul

Technician
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Saving settings

Post by Technician »

Paul,

Select file, start up settings, you have two options, save settings as, or save user default settings. Try them both nothing to loose!

paullap
OneWave
OneWave

Post by paullap »

Thanks. I will let you know how I get on.

Paul

liviu2004
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by liviu2004 »

I believe it saves it on PC.

ben.martins
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by ben.martins »

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your post and thanks to Liviu and Technician for their input.

Liviu is correct. The maths channels you create stay with the PC as they are stored in a similar way to custom probes. However, you can export any Math channel and save to a flash drive which can then be shared to any PC and then imported back into that version of PicoScope.
Export Math Channel.png
Also if you save a file with a Maths channel active then this is also saved with the file and can be added to your library on that PC.

There is a growing number of Math channels being added to this topic - post96371.html#p96371 which you can add to your own library and start to benefit from the advanced features within PicoScope.

I hope this helps and if you need any further assistance please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Kind regards

Ben