4425 Advanced on its way (hopefully)

Ask any questions relating to the PicoScope hardware or kit contents here.
If you have any questions prior to purchasing the kit post them here.
Sharpy
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

4425 Advanced on its way (hopefully)

Post by Sharpy »

Well after a fair bit of research and indecision I have finally just ordered the advanced 4425 kit from one of this sites listed distributors who’s website seems pretty legit so fingers crossed it arrives in good time and as advertised then I can post some feedback for anyone else looking to buy. I can’t wait to have it in my toolbox :D

ben.martins
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: 4425 Advanced on its way (hopefully)

Post by ben.martins »

Hello Sharpy,

Welcome to the forum! Fantastic news on the advanced kit and I have no doubt that you will looking forward to the first time it all comes out of the box. It's great to see more HGV garages getting on board with scope diagnosis and I am aiming to bring more cases on these machines as we make our way through the year.

We are very fortunate to have so many talented technicians on the Pico forum who all share the same passion for the trade. We live and learn together so please don't hesitate to post!

To get you started though here is a link to our useful info section for when you just need to find something quickly - topic15231.html.

Hopefully this will help and remember as a PicoScope owner you also have free technical support from us at PicoTechnology if you need further assistance.

All the best for 2019 and happy scoping!

Kind regards

Ben

Sharpy
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Sharpy »

Hello Ben

Many thanks for the welcome, I’m looking forward to getting to grips with it,
your distributor has been in touch today and explained of an issue with the order but did have a solution that seemed fair to both parties and now that has been sorted he tells me it will be shipped to me so hopefully I won’t have much of a wait,
The Hgv is the core of our business but we also repair cars and the odd bit of plant and in one case we have a little side by side quad in with a no spark issue that I think the Scope would be useful for,
I will check out those links and let you know how I get on with it once I have had a play.

Cheers
Lee

ben.martins
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by ben.martins »

That's great news Lee, glad they have managed to sort it for you and sounds like the quad bike could be a perfect introduction to PicoScope.

We're all here to help you with the journey so anytime you have a question please don't hesitate to get in touch about any subject whether it is plant, HGV or cars. Not sure if you have seen the case study section on the website yet but there is more information to be had there!

https://www.picoauto.com/library/case-studies

All the best

Ben

Sharpy
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Sharpy »

Well it has arrived on time and looks great, top marks to both Pico and ICT Workshop Solutions for a seamless transaction. I only had enough time to load all the software and fire it up but hopefully I will get time tomorrow to connect it to something.
I had a little look through the waveform library and see a file for a 2018 LF Adblue injector and by coincidence I have replaced one today.
Next on the shopping list is the pressure transducer, any chance of a January sale ;)

Technician
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Technician »

There is definitely a January sale :wink: and you have until midnight on the 31st to purchase the Master Kit :wink: and then we'll be into February sales LOL :D :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Joking apart, the WPS500x kit is fantastic and you won't regret the investment, and Pico are doing an online training/awareness course in March specifically for the WPS500x kit. I'd not recommend missing it but if you do I'm advised it will be available online thereafter 8)

PicoMike
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by PicoMike »

Technician wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:01 pm
There is definitely a January sale :wink: and you have until midnight on the 31st to purchase the Master Kit :wink: and then we'll be into February sales LOL :D :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Joking apart, the WPS500x kit is fantastic and you won't regret the investment, and Pico are doing an online training/awareness course in March specifically for the WPS500x kit. I'd not recommend missing it but if you do I'm advised it will be available online thereafter 8)
Technician - not sure where you are getting your information from but to clarify:
I can confirm there is no January sale, nor is there a time limit on buying the Master kit. We don't do "sales" particularly, and there are certainly none planned for February. If you have been told different then sadly you are misinformed (I only speak for Pico of course, Distributors may have their own options/discounts I am not aware of). Also, I've checked with the team and we have no WPS500X Awareness/Online Training sessions booked for March? We do have an online session on the 16th January, but it is not WPS500X specific...

Sharpy- Great to hear you got sorted, don't forget to share your investigations, and experiences with us :D It's an exciting journey, which we hope you'll enjoy as much as we do!

Quick question: Do you get our monthly newsletter? Usually it has one of Ben's or Steve's epic investigations, those are worth a read for sure!

Best of luck, remember our support team is on-hand if you need them, :lol:
Mike Valentine
Online BDM: Pico Technology

Technician
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Technician »

PicoMike wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:25 pm
Technician wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:01 pm

Technician - not sure where you are getting your information from but to clarify:
I can confirm there is no January sale, nor is there a time limit on buying the Master kit. We don't do "sales" particularly, and there are certainly none planned for February. If you have been told different then sadly you are misinformed (I only speak for Pico of course, Distributors may have their own options/discounts I am not aware of). Also, I've checked with the team and we have no WPS500X Awareness/Online Training sessions booked for March? We do have an online session on the 16th January, but it is not WPS500X specific...

Sharpy- Great to hear you got sorted, don't forget to share your investigations, and experiences with us :D It's an exciting journey, which we hope you'll enjoy as much as we do!

Quick question: Do you get our monthly newsletter? Usually it has one of Ben's or Steve's epic investigations, those are worth a read for sure!

Best of luck, remember our support team is on-hand if you need them, :lol:
Mike you are much too serious, the smileys indicate I was joking but also advising the wps500x kit is a brilliant investment.

Mike, here is the official information for the online video;

Hi David,

Happy New Year.

The GoToMeeting connection details are as follows:

Practical Pico: Cylinder identification and relative compression on CRD engines
Wed, 16 Jan 2019 12:00 - 14:00 GMT

You can join the meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone using the following link (you may be asked to install an app or browser plugin for the GoToMeeting to run):
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/311511813

You can also dial in using your phone.
United Kingdom: +44 330 221 0088
Access Code: 311-511-813

First GoToMeeting? Do a quick system check:
https://link.gotomeeting.com/system-check

Cheers,
Barney

Sharpy
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Sharpy »

The humour is what makes a good forum, I think I will wait for April sales when they start on the 1st but that one only lasts till noon :lol: :lol:

Mike my first attempt at using the scope sadly ended in disaster but through no fault of the scope, I was just setting up and the subject vehicle decided to spontaneously combust... well not quite but the CDI unit did burn out and melt so in a way the Pico did help diagnose the cause of the no spark in an unconventional way. :roll:

liviu2004
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by liviu2004 »

My only regret now, is that I don’t have a second wps, but I will solve this problem eventually.