Mokka 1.7 (LUD) starting issue

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.
wade0059
OneWave
OneWave

Mokka 1.7 (LUD) starting issue

Post by wade0059 »

I have a Vauxhall mokka 1.7 cdti (LUD) with an intermittent bad start when hot (it does fire but sounds rough and cuts out). I had a quick look the other night but annoyingly couldn't get the car to play up. All I'd like to know is if the crank sensor is pulling to ground clean enough in my capture? I appreciate it's pulling to ground in 38 microseconds so probably as clean as I'm going to get? but it keeps playing on my mind and just want somebody wiser than me to advise. I don't want to get too caught up on the crank sensor and move on
Attachments
Vauxhall_Mokka_2013_cam_crank.psdata
(6.57 MiB) Downloaded 485 times

Technician
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Mokka 1.7 (LUD) starting issue

Post by Technician »

While your registered on here if you connect your scope at the same time you can access the waveform library and look up another MOKKA trace with your engine code, and then do a comparison.

wade0059
OneWave
OneWave

Post by wade0059 »

hi thanks for your reply, that was my original plan as I usually find the waveform library very useful but in this instance didn't have what I needed unfortunately

Ste81

Post by Ste81 »

Did you ever fix this problem mines doing exactly the same

Ste81

Post by Ste81 »

I got told this problem was my battery. So I changed it and it was perfect for 3 weeks then the hot start problem started again