Picoscope driver getting dropped from systems.

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
williamm

Picoscope driver getting dropped from systems.

Post by williamm »

We're running Picoscope 6.13.6 on several laptops that are dedicated scan tool aids.

The issue we're encountering is that the PicoScope device (4225) will infrequently stop being recognized by Windows and show in device manager as an unknown (west -something) device.

We've been able to bandaid this issue by either re-installing the PicoScope Automotive software or running the following command but the issue has a tendency to occasionally return.
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Pico Technology\PicoScope6 Automotive\system\DPInst.exe" /A /SE /SW /SA /PATH "C:\Program Files (x86)\Pico Technology\PicoScope6 Automotive\system"

The machines are running Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise 2015 LTSB x64

Any help/thoughts are appreciated,
Thanks!

ben.martins
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: Picoscope driver getting dropped from systems.

Post by ben.martins »

Hello williamm,

Thank you for your post and this is indeed an strange issue and the first time I come across this one.

The DPInst.exe would have been the first thing I would have suggested as this will install the drivers if there was a problem during the installation. As you have already found this out I think the best way we can support you here is for you to get in touch with support@picotech.com and the technical team will assist you in more depth.

You can do this by emailing to the above or by using the online form which can be found here. https://www.picoauto.com/tech-support

Sorry I can't be anymore help at the moment but rest assured we will aim to get to the bottom of the issue you are having .

Kind regards

Ben