E39 523i no speedo odm

If you are not a PicoScope user and want advice with a diagnostic problem then post here. Forum members may be able to help.
modo
OneWave
OneWave

E39 523i no speedo odm

Post by modo »

Just a quick one I have this E39 with no speedo/odm function(milage lit up on display and did the diag sweep all good) it's an auto (ags) trans I have vss and turbine ac signals at the trans ecm and I have a vss pid on my scan tool so it's working on scan data at least, what my service info has is that pin 25 a grey/brown wire goes to the instrument cluster 0v with cluster disconnected and a 12v volt pulse with it connected koeo or keor and rear wheel spinning never changes I have good can hi and low at trans ecm my problem is with the diagram that pin 25 has three designations one to the cluster one to the multi function control unit and one from a 30 amp fuse all pin 25 two the same colour grey/brown and one 30amp red no a25 or b25 just 25 I emailed my service info provider and they emailed back saying that's all the info they have on this, any help would be appreciated and if you need more info on pids or wave forms I have the car for a bit longer. I put an used dash in it no change I was told to do it from my info provider I new it was a waste of time .
Thanks Dom