2005 Focus 1.4 immobiliser problem

If you are not a PicoScope user and want advice with a diagnostic problem then post here. Forum members may be able to help.
xj40s

2005 Focus 1.4 immobiliser problem

Post by xj40s »

Hi
My son was intending to wire in a remote keyfob receiver to his Focus. Whilst looking for he door panel wires he unplugged some connectors to the fusebox above the passenger footwell. He disconnected and reconnected these without disconnecting the battery. Now the car will not crank and the instrument cluster alarm light flashes. The odometer has horizontal dashes instead of mileage. This means the IC module is not "talking" to the PCM either because of a poor connection or because the IC module is now possibly faulty. I have a picoscope but have never used the can bus functions. I am also going to download Forscan software.Any advice welcome.
Thanks
Tony

MrOrange

Re: 2005 Focus 1.4 immobiliser problem

Post by MrOrange »

Late reply but...

I have disconnected the bcm before without removing battery and it hasn`t effected instruments,

Check he hasn`t been messing with fuses :)

Dcunning35
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: 2005 Focus 1.4 immobiliser problem

Post by Dcunning35 »

Check the connectors on the underside of the gem module or as you call it bcm .
Sounds like he has knocked one of the snail cams than secure the connectors latched this would give you the symptoms described and usually an implausible ambient temperature reading .