rolling back software

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
scopedog

rolling back software

Post by scopedog »

hi guys im looking to roll back my pico 6 automotive software back a version or 2 has anybody done this?
my scope is freezing all the time.... just back from pico and tested all ok and a new 3.1 lead but still having usability issues

thanks adam

Autonerdz
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: rolling back software

Post by Autonerdz »

Adam,

If you are finding this occurring during streaming mode using the current release then going back a build will likely solve the issue. In the current release, the display will freeze in streaming mode making it look like the scope has stopped. It has not. The scope is still collecting data and only the display is freezing. The display will catch up but it is very disorienting.

Uninstall your 6.13.6.3775 and install the 6.12.7.2724.

Not sure you can download that from here so here is a link good for one month, if others need it.

https://autonerdz.egnyte.com/dl/pYJjssy ... 6_12_7.exe_

scopedog

Post by scopedog »

thanks really appreciate your help :)

ben.martins
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by ben.martins »

Hello Adam,

Thank you for your post.

We are aware of this concern and I know from personal experience that it can be frustrating. Pico is very lucky that we have the support from all here on the forum, Facebook, the distributors and all our users in making PicoScope the best it can be, so feedback is always welcomed. It is this drive for continual improvement that pushes Pico to be the best but there are times when gremlins will slip through the net.

As Tom mentioned the scope is still capturing data but when the waveform stops, it gives the appearance that it has frozen. I know time is money but if you were to wait for a few seconds, the data will be presented on the screen. Not ideal I know but if a fault where to happen in this moment it hasn't been lost.

Please be assured that we are actively working on the solution and we hope to have a fix in the next software release.

Thanks to Tom and the Autonerdz team for offering a link to a roll back version and also the feedback on this bug, it is appreciated.

Kind regards

Ben