Measure in inHg with WPS500

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
johnphufnagel

Measure in inHg with WPS500

Post by johnphufnagel »

Hi there.
I have a WPS500 and I am trying to measure engine vacuum and my scales are + or - 3 psi. When I go under 1 psi it displays me a number that I am not familiar with, Ex. "565.1x10^-3 psi" Can I change my scales to read in inHg? Or make a new probe configuration with the WPS500 that displays inHg?

Thanks for the help

John Hufnagel

ben.martins
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: Measure in inHg with WPS500

Post by ben.martins »

Hi John,

Many thanks for your post and I believe you have found a bug.

It would appear this is only noticeable when working with psi units and as you have found, anything under +-1psi brings up this unusable figure. I know this isn't ideal but you could try changing the units into BAR. I've tried this on my machine and it comes up with mbar and then ubar. This is a number that you will be able to work with and can convert if you need.

To change your units please click Tools - Preferences - Regional & Language Tab. Here you will be able to select the measurement units and if you use the drop down to select Metric, click apply and ok. This will change the units from PSI to BAR.

I know this isn't ideal but it will work. I will send a bug report to our software development who will work on a fix for the future. Thank you once again for bringing it to our attention.

Kind regards

Ben

johnphufnagel

Post by johnphufnagel »

So is this a known problem and are you working a solution? Am I the only person that has had this problem? Can a custom probe be made using the wps500?

Thanks

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello John and thank you for the post.

Rest assured this will be reviewed by the software team but for now the following custom probe will help.
WPS Range 2 inHg.psprobe
WPS Range 2 US measurement units only
(2.46 KiB) Downloaded 476 times
Could you import this into your probe library and ensure the WPS is set to Range 2 when measuring manifold pressure

I hope this helps, take care......Steve

johnphufnagel

Post by johnphufnagel »

Thanks so much :D