HELP *** CUSTOM PROBE ***

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
EALVAARDO

HELP *** CUSTOM PROBE ***

Post by EALVAARDO »

Good morning to all
I am Canadian and I just purchased my picoscope 4425
My next acquisition will be the WPSX500 but in the meantime to practice I acquired the PRESSURE TRANSDUCER OF FLUKE PV350
I am learning to know the team and I recognize that I am missing a lot because of that I go to those who have more experience in this
I would like to know how to make CUSTOM PROBE
• Measure the compression of a vehicle to fuel (engine turned on) would like to obtain the reading in psi
Another question…
What are the steps to follow to avoid damaging the equipment. I have read in other forums that if the test is not done correctly we can spoil the equipment ..
Thanks in advance for the help

Here I leave the equipment specifications
Attachments
Captura de pantalla (7).png

ben.martins
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: HELP *** CUSTOM PROBE ***

Post by ben.martins »

Hello Ealvarrdo,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your post. It would seem this isn't the first time this has been asked and by using the search forum dialog box above and typing fluke custom probes there is information already there. You can then download the files and import them as a custom probe as per this image below or by clicking Tools>Custom Probes
IMPORTING CUSTOM PROBES .jpg
If you do find yourself needing to create custom probes, they are fairly straight forward to set up especially if you have a table with the output values. To start with we need to get the custom probe wizard started, which there are a couple of ways. Select Tools and then Custom Probes or via the probe selection on the channel label. Below is an image that will help show you what I mean.
Custom Probe creation.jpg
With the wizard started you will be asked to select your units. There are a number of options from the standard list but for pressure you will need to select the custom unit option and type the name in manually, for example psi.

Next we have to apply the scaling method which we can do using a lookup table or if your the graph is linear using a linear equation. The next step would be set your ranges. I would recommend when adding probes to mange your ranges manually. This means you are able to create the ranges that you would like to see for example -20psi to +500psi. This is really up to you and gives you some freedom or you could just leave it ± for each range.
Custom probes range edited.png
You will be given the option to add an automatic filter for the probe, however I would advise against this. You have the option to filter post capture anyway so always capture 'dirty' and then filter after. Give your probe and name and it will now appear in your library of probes and you will be able to select it as any other.

I hope this helps and I've added the Probe settings below which will help you get started, thanks here goes to Tom Robert for these but a search of the forum would have led you to them.

If you need any further assistance then please get in touch.

Kind regards

Ben
Attachments
PV 350 Vacuum.psprobe
(1.72 KiB) Downloaded 599 times
PV 350 Pressure.psprobe
(2.24 KiB) Downloaded 583 times

EALVAARDO

Re: Ayuda *** sonda personalizada ***

Post by EALVAARDO »

hello Ben
thanks for the time you took to answer my post
thank you....

bartyoung64
OneWave
OneWave

Re: HELP *** CUSTOM PROBE ***

Post by bartyoung64 »

Thank you! I just added these to my probes.