TD4 BOSCH PRESSURE REGULATOR VALVE REPAIR

If you are not a PicoScope user and want advice with a diagnostic problem then post here. Forum members may be able to help.
DreameD

TD4 BOSCH PRESSURE REGULATOR VALVE REPAIR

Post by DreameD »

Hi guys,

I have to 2 questions.

I couldn't find a thread that explains how to repair the pressure regulator valve for TD4 (for Bosch regulator 0281002 480 / MAV00040), using the repair kit.

So I managed to take the regulator out. I have the repair kit 2-O rings. green and white

I cant seem to be able to take the white O ring out of the regulator. It's very plastiky...not rubbery...

Question is how do I take it out and how do I put the new one in. The regulator filter at the tip of the regulator seem to be way bigger than the O ring diameter.

2 questions:
1. Any guides around on how to do it?
2. Any way to test the regulator functionality using a battery and a meter? I checked the regulator resistance and it's around 2.8 ohms.

I connected the regulator to 3.7V/ 7.2V and 10.4V batteries in this order. I could hear a click inside the regulator but can't see anything happening :))

I wanted to see if the diaphragm of the regulator is ok and not leaking, but it seems I can't really see that.

kona
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: TD4 BOSCH PRESSURE REGULATOR VALVE REPAIR

Post by kona »

Hi,
Could you describe how you determined that the regulator is faulty?
What mistakes?
Show pressure waveforms.

DreameD

Re: TD4 BOSCH PRESSURE REGULATOR VALVE REPAIR

Post by DreameD »

Hey Kona,

The code is P1190 - valve sticking from diagnostic. I didn't need waves do determine that. I looked at live readings, high pressure is never stable, always up and down and under load regulator current fluctuates randomly as if struggling to get pressure stable.

I've already took the regulator out and the O rings look badly and need replacing, but I just don't know how to replace the Nylon one (white) because it's very hard and the valve filter is on the way. The only way to take it out seems to be by braking it. Any suggestions?