Touchscreen functionality

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
jpilgrim82

Touchscreen functionality

Post by jpilgrim82 »

I’ve been using my 4425 with a surface pro lately and while it’s been a great experience for the most part there are a couple of things that could use attention. The cursors and triggers can be a pain to use with your fingertip. I bought a surface pen to help with that but in the Pico software it doesn’t work like it does in other software. I can’t grab cursors or the triggers with the pen. You should be able to hover over it momentarily and then be able to select it so you can move it but you can’t. This is the only thing hindering it from being the perfect mobile Pico solution. Could someone please look into this as it should be a simple fix.

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: Touchscreen functionality

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello and thank you for the feedback.

Rest assured we are aware of the challenges faced by Tablet users with PicoScope 6 Automotive software.

Regarding triggers (and other functions) there is the option to use Keyboard short cuts under the Tools>Preferences>Keyboard menu. (None for cursors)

With that said, you would be required to call the keyboard up onto screen which I guess may be counter productive.

What I can say is that we are always improving/developing PicoScope hardware & software and Tablet users have featured heavily with recent development

I have said too much already.

I hope this helps for now but it may not be too long before your wish comes true.

Take care......Steve

Technician
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Technician »

I've experienced exactly the same problem. The other problem with touch screens that you will or may encounter is the air movement around the workshop when the wind is higher than normally expected (Whatever that standard is nowadays) :mrgreen: when the workshop doors are open.

Onscreen keyboards are OK but can be slow to use. I've just bought a water proof keyboard and wireless mouse. The other option you might have depending upon your manufacturer design of monitor is to adjust the sensitivity settings of the screen, if possible! Using the rulers without a mouse is frustrating to say the least.

jpilgrim82

Post by jpilgrim82 »

Awesome. Thanks for the feedback. That would be great seeing as how that’s my only gripe. Technician, I haven’t run into that issue myself with the surface pro but I’ll keep that in mind. The surface pro and Pico are Great together and with those couple issues rectified it’ll be the perfect setup!
Attachments
9C414D60-4897-4FD2-A968-D414F2061E2F.jpeg