ford transit connect 2012 DPF issues

If you are not a PicoScope user and want advice with a diagnostic problem then post here. Forum members may be able to help.
chrisoakley

ford transit connect 2012 DPF issues

Post by chrisoakley »

Good afternoon Gents

I have a dpf issue with a ford transit connect 2012

eml on - code relating to DPF Soot accumulation.
there no codes for temperature low during regeneration.

i have replaced the dpf and pressure sensor but light still comes back on after a very short while.

i have a 5v ref and earth at the multi plug. our tool is only reading the differential pressure in psi

what i am finding hard to find is what reading i should get on idle and with revs.

would anybody be able to help with what is an acceptable level of a good working dpf system. and at what levels should bring on the eml on.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

many thanks

Chris.

liviu2004
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: ford transit connect 2012 DPF issues

Post by liviu2004 »

Chris, do you think that soot accumulation is a consequence of problems at the engine?
You focused on consequence but not root cause?

chrisoakley

Post by chrisoakley »

This I’m trying to solve,

The engine runs perfectly fine, and doesn’t excessively smoke,knock and no other error codes.
I would like to have seen more obvious signs if the engine was worn,

With that in mind I’m just trying to understand what readings my pressure sensor should be reading as a good base values.

ronw38
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by ronw38 »

Chris . Use this as a guide , BMW X5 TDI Idle 65 mbar 2000 rpm 150 mbar Max load 250 mbar this should cover most applications and measure it with a pressure gauge rather than sensor conversion. Cheers Ron

Dcunning35
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Dcunning35 »

Ok koeo 0.49v
At idle servicable dpf around 0.5 to 0.6v
At 2000 rpm if your seeing 0.8 it is loaded but requires regen
If over 1 volt it will log the soot accumulation dtc with different failure mode and status this impeads drive to regen and service regen.
If you want a matrix for the sensor I have it voltage vs pressure just pm your email