Dtc ECM-2680 Power inyector stage 2 Volvo XC90

If you are not a PicoScope user and want advice with a diagnostic problem then post here. Forum members may be able to help.
Tornillo

Dtc ECM-2680 Power inyector stage 2 Volvo XC90

Post by Tornillo »

Hello guy, I hace años XC90 D5 year 2009, the problem is that i has los power when it starts thr output, and got a dtc ECM-2680 power inyector stage 2, I have checked air leaks in al turbo hoses, intercooler, instake manifold, and also hace checked EGR valve, high pressure pump, supply pump and diesel filter, all of them work well, I hace checked contact and wire from inyector to the module aré fine, Volvo Vida indicate that the fault is in the engine module.
If someone has had a problem like this and can help me, I will appreciate your help.

Thanks.

kona
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Dtc ECM-2680 Power inyector stage 2 Volvo XC90

Post by kona »

".... problem has gone when we have removed DPF and reprogramed ecu. "

This is not my experience.

More on this matter:
The rule of P2680 Volvo Xc90 code when it comes to emissions-related vehicle repair is that any modification that changes the vehicle from a certified configuration to a non-certified configuration is considered tampering: this applies to both vehicle owners and repair facilities and is, therefore, a Federal offense. Replacing a catalyst with a straight pipe is one traditional example of . Likewise, overriding the OBD P2680 Volvo Xc90 system through the use of high-tech defeat devices or non-certified computer chips, for example, would also be considered tampering. The OBD system may, however, be repaired back to its original certified configuration with certified performance chips or appropriate aftermarket parts.

Tornillo

Post by Tornillo »

Hello Kona

Thank you for your response and help, this car does not have any modification, in fact this started after the swirl rod went out of place, and caused a loss of power in the engine and message in the display, when fixing the swirl, the code disappeared, but that of the injector persists, I thought if a calibration and test of injectors would help me or if you consider that the reprogramming of the ECM module would end with this problem? I forgot to coment something, the final part of the exhaust pipe remains extremely hot after running it for about 20 minutes, to the point that it can not be touched

kona
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by kona »

Tornillo wrote:
....... when fixing the swirl, ..........
Hello, :)

Could you describe in detail what you did?
Have you installed a new one?
Have they repaired?
Made an adaptation?
Can you erase the error on a stopped engine?
The swirl is a sensitive place.

Good luck

Tornillo

Post by Tornillo »

When I drive the car for the first time I felt that I had no engine power when I went out, so I read the fault codes and found that it had three ECM-5660 oil level sensors, -135F mass air flow, -2680 injector power stage signal to high , I started my diagnosis looking for air leaks and I found the lever of the swirl loose, repair this and I proceeded to test it again, the engine remained the same without force when leaving but the MAF code disappeared, then I did the regeneration of the particle filter, adaptation to the MAF, EGR to the Landa sound, and the flow test of the return of the injectors which was fine according to the manual is fine, the test of the injectors with Volvo DICE, and they are working well, I made the diagnosis with reference to the dtc 2680 but the wiring and connectors are fine and the manual says that if everything is OK and if the code is repeated, the ECM module should be changed, I checked if any modification was made to the exhaust pipe , or the change of some component, but none of this has been done, this is what I did in the car.

Tornillo

Post by Tornillo »

Hello all

Finally I solved the problem by changing the starter kit (used) that includes the ECM, CEM, REM, key and ignition switch, the car went back to work very well.

Thanks for your support

volrem
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by volrem »

This is very bad solution. Your car now has incorrect VIN code and configuration.

No need for REM replacement. In the future you will be unable to add/remove remotes because PIN is related to old VIN.

It's also worth getting injectors checked/rebuilt/replaced and recoded.

victor2k
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by victor2k »

Hello,
Someone can look at the captured injectors current and tell me if is a good or bad one?
XC90 Injector curent.png
Where is placed the injectors correction :at medium or at lower opening current?
Thank you