Search function needs a tidy up

Please post any comments related to the use of the forum here
dbrook

Search function needs a tidy up

Post by dbrook »

Hello from New Zealand

Have you checked the forum search functions when using a mobile phone?

Search this forum works correctly, when you click on it the text “search this forum” disappears leaving it blank to enter your search text

Search forum however doesn’t clear the the text, your cursor ends up where you happen to tap in the search box, somewhere in the middle of “search forum”

Does anyone else see the same thing?

David

PicoKev
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Search function needs a tidy up

Post by PicoKev »

Does anyone else see the same thing?

Absolutely! and the laptop I am using to reply to you does the same thing. :)

This is one of the many "Features" / quirks of this forum software. just tap at the right hand end of the box and use backspace or the left hand end and use delete to clear the text then insert what you want to search for and off you go. :D :D

The forum software was on its last legs when Pico first started the forum and I know Martyn and his team have looked at replacing the software but they have the same problem that I have with the DOS system I have used to run my workshop for the last 20+ years..... It still mostly does what i need it to do but it is neigh on impossible (without potentially 100's of hours of work) to accurately transfer all the rather valuable data to a more up to date system.

Personally I am grateful for the girls and guys at Pico for providing an enormously useful, and just like their software totally free, resource and I am quite happy to find the odd work around when necessary.

Enjoy the forum and the wonderful world of Picoscope. 8)

Kev.

Martyn
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Martyn »

We are actively working on a Forum upgrade, it is taking time because we want to make sure that the data is preserved, and that all links to and from the forum are still valid. Not an easy task, but we are getting there :D
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

Technician
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Technician »

Martyn wrote:but we are getting there :D
Reads a bit like British Rail :mrgreen:

PicoKev
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by PicoKev »

Technician wrote:Reads a bit like British Rail :mrgreen:
No comparison. :D :D

No dodgy sandwiches, all the leaves on the line are absolutely under control and there is a bit of a reputation for excellent cake at Pico Towers...!

Kev. :wink: