Mitsubishi L200 2.5 Diesel

If you are not a PicoScope user and want advice with a diagnostic problem then post here. Forum members may be able to help.
pmautomotive

Mitsubishi L200 2.5 Diesel

Post by pmautomotive »

Hello, my first post the forum. Hopefully someone can assist.

Long story short, this jeep broke the crankshaft at front journal, although it still drove fine and started with no issues, just very noisy.

At present engine is fully rebuilt with a second hand crank, rings, bearings etc. Issue is it will not start when the CAM sensor is plugged in. With just crank it starts but takes a long time to fire up.

Timing has been triple checked. Scope test carried out, I will upload the results tomorrow. I have scope from a L200 that runs fine and then mine, both appear to be identical but I would like a second opinion. Scope check was done directly back probed into ecu. Both sensors have been swapped out for known good ones with reluctance because scope shows good signals.

Thanks

landroverman1958
OneWave
OneWave

Re: Mitsubishi L200 2.5 Diesel

Post by landroverman1958 »

Good morning,I have seen on this type of engine if it is a single cam 2.5diesel the pin shear off locating the cam sprocket allowing the camshaft to move relative to the the drive pulley,have to got a code for syncronisation as ok crank to camshaft?

Cristofer rojas

Re: Mitsubishi L200 2.5 Diesel

Post by Cristofer rojas »

Hi, I have the same issue with a L200, did you find out the problem?