introduction from a Kenworth dealership

Come here to introduce yourself, who you are, what you do, and tell us your
experience with our automotive products.
campbell.kwtech
OneWave
OneWave

introduction from a Kenworth dealership

Post by campbell.kwtech »

My name is David, I work at a Kenworth New Truck Dealership. I'm new to Picoscope, I just ordered a 2207B from your distributor Saelig Comp through Amazon : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01H5 ... UTF8&psc=1

I've never used an oscilloscope. I'll be using it to help me diagnose CAN's, specifically the J1939 CAN protocol used on Medium and Heavy Duty Trucks. These CAN's work on 60 ohm backbone with speeds at 250 kb/s and others at 500 kb/s. I will also be using it to diagnose Meritor Wabco ABS Private CAN and the Bendix ABS private CAN. Maybe the LIN Can to Multiplex Switches. I'm sure this tool will also help me with the Cummins and Paccar MX engine diagnostics.

I believe I chose a model that will suit my needs. I am aware I'll need to buy some adapters. I will be making some of my own connections to tap into these cans at Diagnostic Connectors along with breakout connectors that we have in a kit.

Will I need to buy The TA051 feed-through attenuator to test these J1939 CAN's if I don't use the TA375 probe that comes in the kit?

busjockey
OneWave
OneWave

Re: introduction from a Kenworth dealership

Post by busjockey »

Hello there, my name is Michael Eilbracht and I am a Picoscope Distributor for Autonerdz.com.
I specialize in HD Applications for Picoscope. I will be doing a HD Engine Diagnostics class that will show me using Picoscope to diagnose issues with the 4425 Auto model. If you are interested contact me through my website. www.mjediagnostics.com
www.autonerdz.com
I have a lot of experience using this equipment on HD Vehicles. In fact I am one of the select few that has been using scopes in HD Applications for quite some time. Would love to have you become a Autonerdz member. We now have quite a few factory techs that are benefiting from me an Autonerdz. Look forward to hearing from you.

campbell.kwtech
OneWave
OneWave

Re: introduction from a Kenworth dealership

Post by campbell.kwtech »

Hello Michael,

I did buy the 4425 last year, I've been learning a lot.

I've uploaded a lot of waveforms.

I'll get in touch with you.

Thank you!!