2013 Ford transit connect dpf fault.

If you are not a PicoScope user and want advice with a diagnostic problem then post here. Forum members may be able to help.
Frs2180
OneWave
OneWave

2013 Ford transit connect dpf fault.

Post by Frs2180 »

Evening all. I am currently working on a 13 plate transit connect 1.8 with a blocked dpf due to low temp during regeneration. I have changed a number of the atomizer/ vaporizers across the Ford range due to them failing or blocking. I always carry out checks on my powers and grounds etc before calling a duff vaporizer, today has left me a Little unsure and made me dig a Little more before I replace the component. Using my power probe I have checked unplugged my ground ( all ok) and power to glow plug of vaporizer. Every one I have done so far I have seen battery voltage but this one I am only getting 8.25volts which doesn't seem correct at all. I currently have no data to check it against but I'm sure I should be getting battery voltage. Any help??

Dcunning35
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: 2013 Ford transit connect dpf fault.

Post by Dcunning35 »

Your quite right the vaporizer glow plug is supplied with battery voltage via the relay , my advice is to bridge pins 3 and 5 at the relay and volt drop the circuit using a 21w bulb to load it in place of the vaporizer.
It shouldn't be to hard to prove your therory of there being a load in the wiring.
Danny