Citroen C4 1.6 HDI Ecu no com

If you are not a PicoScope user and want advice with a diagnostic problem then post here. Forum members may be able to help.
grunf1976
OneWave
OneWave

Citroen C4 1.6 HDI Ecu no com

Post by grunf1976 »

Hi all,
Im in need of some help. I need wiring diagram for Citroen C4 1.6 HDI 2007. It is 66 kW engine. the problem is rather stupid. Car came today with busted clutch which was changed and timing belt as well . Routine job.... but when I wanted to start the car nothing. Could hear starter relay click but no start. Checked the command on starter terminal nothing. Than had it scanned for codes and it doesn't see ECU. Checked the fuses under the bonnet and found that mini 20a fuse was blown. Replaced it but as soon as I turn the ignition on it blows again. It seems that it is one of ECU fuses and for coolant blower motor slow speed. If my info is correct. I know that these cars are known for wiring issues and something might have been disturbed while I was changing the clutch. Did the visual inspection and couldn't see anything obvious. I would really wouldn't like to go in there and start pulling things apart without proper wiring diagram. So if anyone could help It would mean a lot

Thanks
Mickey

victor2k
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Citroen C4 1.6 HDI Ecu no com

Post by victor2k »

Hello,
Check the ECU conectors for water or corrosion,also check CAN lines between ECU-ABS-BSI.
What interface was used for diagnose?The blown fuse deserve only the blower motor or is used also for your ECU?
Using this info I will search for a shorted wire to gnd...
Regards

Technician
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Technician »

Hi grunf1976,

I've got the wiring diagram you require, however there is two versions of the 66KW so might need to provide both which is not a problem, but you'll have to let me know if you require the other. I'll try and PM it to you.

grunf1976
OneWave
OneWave

Post by grunf1976 »

thank you all for replies. This morning I got to work earlier because wanted to sort this out ASAP. I found some diagrams on autodata which usually has a little regarding French cars but in this case I found that fuse nr.1 supplies power to ECU and engine coolant blower motor. It turned out that control unit for the blower motor shorted out . Unplugged it, replaced the fuse and car started. How crazy is that? And I was never near it.
I work on VW my whole life but French cars always give me headache. :D

Again thanks for all of your replies

Mickey

Liteace
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Liteace »

grunf1976 wrote: I work on VW my whole life but French cars always give me headache. :D
Not just you, I think they give us all headache

victor2k
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by victor2k »

Liteace wrote:
grunf1976 wrote: I work on VW my whole life but French cars always give me headache. :D
Not just you, I think they give us all headache
Too much poetry under the hood :D

sc08tts

Post by sc08tts »

grunf1976 wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:53 am
thank you all for replies. This morning I got to work earlier because wanted to sort this out ASAP. I found some diagrams on autodata which usually has a little regarding French cars but in this case I found that fuse nr.1 supplies power to ECU and engine coolant blower motor. It turned out that control unit for the blower motor shorted out . Unplugged it, replaced the fuse and car started. How crazy is that? And I was never near it.
I work on VW my whole life but French cars always give me headache. :D

Again thanks for all of your replies

Mickey

Hi mate got the same problem what fuse was it please?