Reference waverforms trouble

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
liviu2004
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Reference waverforms trouble

Post by liviu2004 »

I am official lost with the reference waveforms.
I have a good pstdata file. I managed somehow to make 3 reference waveforms. After I Duplicate about 3-4 times each, cause it just did not wanted to stay Saved. :shock:

Question 1: Why do they show in Loaded and why there is nothing in Library?
Question 2: How do I put them in Library?
Question 3: when I select one waveform, why the button Export is greyed out?
Question 4: how on earth I load these reference waveforms in another pstdata file? Nothing is shown in Library or Loaded?
Question 5: how do I get 3 reference waveforms in another pstdata file and keep them on the same time as they were in the initial capture?

ben.martins
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: Reference waverforms trouble

Post by ben.martins »

Hi Liviu,

Really not a problem and I'm sure we can help you get to grips with them.

I think it's easier if we just answer your questions one at a time!
Question 1: Why do they show in Loaded and why there is nothing in Library?
Any reference waveform in the loaded section have been saved with the original PSDATA file and remain with that file. The library section is all the reference waveforms you have that are stored on your local hard drive.
Question 2: How do I put them in Library?
To add any of these to your library you will need to Export them to your computer. There are couple of ways you can do this. Firstly if you were to open the reference waveform box from the Tools menu, select one of the references in the loaded section and double click. This should then move the reference from the loaded section to the library. I've attached a video on how to do this.
Reference Waveform Creation.mp4
(2.41 MiB) Downloaded 579 times
The other option is to Export the individual waveforms;. Again, click Tools and reference waveforms. Highlight the reference you wish to export by left clicking and then click Export. This will now give the option to save the reference waveform to your computer. Type in a name that is relevant and click Save. Nothing will really change now until you close PicoScope and then re-open as this will store any settings we have just changed. Open PicoScope and then go back to the reference waveform tab. Now click the Import button, find your reference waveform and click Open. You should now see the reference waveform in your Library. Again, there is a short video here which will hopefully explain it a little easier!
Reference Waveform Creation with Export.mp4
(4.5 MiB) Downloaded 558 times
Question 3: when I select one waveform, why the button Export is greyed out?
This I'm not entirely sure of. I've not had this problem before. Would you be able to upload the PSDATA file you are having concerns with and I will take a look.
Question 4: how on earth I load these reference waveforms in another pstdata file? Nothing is shown in Library or Loaded?

Question 5: how do I get 3 reference waveforms in another pstdata file and keep them on the same time as they were in the initial capture?
Hopefully the videos above will help you load these waveforms into another PSDATA file but if there is anything else I can do to help then please get in touch.

Kind regards

Ben

liviu2004
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by liviu2004 »

Ben, I've might have not reacted yet, but I've read your post. So your efforts are not for nothing.

When I say why the Export button is greyed out, this is actually for all psdata files. Here what might go different. I never double clicked a waveform because I thought just selecting one would be sufficient. So if I now understand correcty, I first have to Load it then Export it.

Maybe is just me not reading the user manual. :oops:

I start playing with this.
Last edited by liviu2004 on Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

liviu2004
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by liviu2004 »

Here we go, my first pain free reference waveform. Anyone likes the injector voltage waveform? :D
reference waveform.png

Tronic
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Tronic »

An excellent and crystal clear reference waveform! :D Well done liviu2004! I have done a few when needed, but it took me a few tests before I was satisfied with the result.

eric1961

Post by eric1961 »

Hello,
When i download a file from the downloadlibrary and save it on my computer , i opened with pico automotive, i wanna make a referenceform. i duplicate and the button export stays grey.
it only worked when i make self a file with my pico , when i make a ref file it works fine.
i tried a lot of file from the downloadlibrary , but no one works . What do i wrong?