WPS500 hoses

Ask any questions relating to the PicoScope hardware or kit contents here.
If you have any questions prior to purchasing the kit post them here.

WPS500 hoses

Postby Liteace » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:04 am

I see the comp hoses for the WPS kits have been updated, when did this happen ?

One of the hoses in the "early" kit is a proper PITA, I think its the 14mm, the one with the threaded collar on, every time its removed / unscrewed from the engine the collar unscrews with it and buggers up the rubber seal, what do we have to do to solve the problem buy the newer type hoses ?
Liteace
TwoWaves
TwoWaves
 
Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:25 pm

Re: WPS500 hoses

Postby Liteace » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:10 am

It's strange how questions on the
Pico support forum
get ignored when needed!!!!!!!!
Liteace
TwoWaves
TwoWaves
 
Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:25 pm

Re: WPS500 hoses

Postby speck » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:41 am

Hasn,t happened to me once. How about putting a drop of
lock tight on.
speck
Newbie
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:20 am

Re: WPS500 hoses

Postby AuthorMike » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:11 pm

Liteace wrote:I see the comp hoses for the WPS kits have been updated, when did this happen ?

One of the hoses in the "early" kit is a proper PITA, I think its the 14mm, the one with the threaded collar on, every time its removed / unscrewed from the engine the collar unscrews with it and buggers up the rubber seal, what do we have to do to solve the problem buy the newer type hoses ?


Hi Liteace,

Let me look into this for you. Unfortunately I've been off sick the last couple of weeks, and our support guys have been away from the office on business.
Mike Valentine
Technical Author @ Pico Technology UK
AuthorMike
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member
 
Posts: 327
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:22 pm
Location: UK

Re: WPS500 hoses

Postby ben.martins » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:22 pm

Hello Liteace,

Please accept my apologies for the late reply. I believe the hoses were changed a number of years ago for the newer type. The decision being you would only need to change the end rather having a number of different complete hoses therefore keeping costs down and eliminating the need for the collar.

The 'o' rings used can easily be replaced and quite a common size especially if you work with A/C systems as they can be found within an 'o' ring replacement kit.

If you did decide that you would like to upgrade your existing hoses, which will still fit with your WPS500X. If this is something you might consider then drop an email into us and we can help you from there.

Kind regards

Ben
ben.martins
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 3:02 pm

Re: WPS500 hoses

Postby Liteace » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:49 pm

speck wrote:Hasn,t happened to me once. How about putting a drop of
lock tight on.


Lucky you, you must of got one of the good batch of hoses, Lock tight, so when I need to remove the threaded collar I cant cause its locktighted on !!


ben.martins wrote:Hello Liteace,

Please accept my apologies for the late reply. I believe the hoses were changed a number of years ago for the newer type. The decision being you would only need to change the end rather having a number of different complete hoses therefore keeping costs down and eliminating the need for the collar.

The 'o' rings used can easily be replaced and quite a common size especially if you work with A/C systems as they can be found within an 'o' ring replacement kit.

If you did decide that you would like to upgrade your existing hoses, which will still fit with your WPS500X. If this is something you might consider then drop an email into us and we can help you from there.

Kind regards

Ben


Thanks for the reply. Should they have to be replaced, Ive got a well used 30 year old Snap on comp tester, never had to replace the rubber on that
I'll be in touch to see if we can get it sorted

Thanks
Liteace
TwoWaves
TwoWaves
 
Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:25 pm

Re: WPS500 hoses

Postby EAAD » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:09 am

Liteace wrote:get ignored when needed!!!!!!!!


:shock:
Weird that?
EAAD
TwoWaves
TwoWaves
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:15 pm

Re: WPS500 hoses

Postby PhilS » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:56 pm

Hi Liteace

I know this thread is quite old, but I just wanted to finish it off with the reminder for anyone reading. I spoke with Ben and know that we sent some bits over to you last year to resolve your immediate issue.

I did want to remind anyone else reading this post to always email support@picotech.com for any support requests including questions like this.

Best regards,
Phil
PhilS
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:24 am

Re: WPS500 hoses

Postby Liteace » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:16 am

Sorry this one got overlooked, yes all sorted now, fantastic support, thanks a million
Liteace
TwoWaves
TwoWaves
 
Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:25 pm


Return to Automotive kit hardware

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests