WPS600

Ask any questions relating to the PicoScope hardware or kit contents here.
If you have any questions prior to purchasing the kit post them here.
Tronic
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

WPS600

Post by Tronic »

Hi!
I have an ongoing hydraulic project at work and soon I finally will make use of our WPS600. There is one thing that I cannot understand though. As I see it, the WPS600 must be an excellent tool for those who is into hydraulics, but if you Google or search through all automotive forums, it ends up with only a small number of hits. Neither have I seen any example waveforms, guided tests or case studies from Pico Technology , which would have been very nice. Should be tons of text about this tool, but there is only kilograms ... how come? Have I missed something? :oops:

ben.martins
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: WPS600

Post by ben.martins »

Hello Tronic,

I would also like to welcome you to the forum! It is great that you have access to such a wide variety of our products and we are looking forward to sharing you journey into the waveform world.

Rest assured we are actively working with WPS600 to bring you some guided tests and some interesting case studies. One of the main things as you'll know with hydraulics is safety which we want to be 100% certain of before releasing anything. It really is a great tool and having used it on a number of occasions, the level of detail and more importantly the response times to pressure changes is remarkable.

You've not missed anything I promise and as soon as we can, we will get the information out there! There is some further information on the WPS600 product page which you can find here https://www.picoauto.com/products/press ... transducer

Hope this helps and please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.

Kind regards

Ben

ben.martins
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by ben.martins »

Hello Tronic,

I thought whilst we were on the subject of WPS600 here are a few of captures from what we have gathered so far. As I said a lot of work is being done here for WPS600 and we hope to have it all out there for the world to see very soon. In the meantime if you have managed to capture anything from your training rig then post it here and we can all take a look.

Kind Regards

Ben
Attachments
Volvo_EC20 Mini Digger_2000_Diesel_20171018-0001.psdata
(1.67 MiB) Downloaded 521 times
jcb crank, dither, Pressure and flow.psdata
(3.55 MiB) Downloaded 518 times

Tronic
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Tronic »

Hello Ben!

Sorry for late reply, I have been real busy during this week at school. I work as part time educator in automotive electronics and I am also the only one technician at our school and do repair on everything at component level, ranging from guitars, guitar, bass amplifiers to welders or other things that contain electronics, so I have a very interesting job but I am truly busy with something all the time. :lol:

Anyway, thank you so much for welcome and sharing captures you collected so far – much appreciated. I will, by using our training rig, start capture as soon as the right test port fittings, which I ordered from a local company, drops down in my hands. Of course, I will have to order more fittings later when need arises, but for now that one will do the job. We have a number of Volvo wheeled and crawler excavators, as well as wheel loaders at our school here in Sweden, so the opportunity to test real objects is close by. I will start with this training rig though.

Rest assured – thank you Ben for a new expression I can use – I will upload any captures from our training rig as soon as I have them saved in my PC. Will also take a good look at the captures you uploaded during this weekend.

Kind regards
Bjorn