Mitsubishi Lancer poor starting

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.
victor2k
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Mitsubishi Lancer poor starting

Post by victor2k »

Hello,
I have now for tests a 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer 2.0 diesel/BWC engine type with poor start.
In ESI I can't find the needed infos,the wiring diagram from equvalent A4 doesn't fit to my car.
No faults in ECU,no warning light in dash.No increased oil level.
For the first time I checked camshaft vs crankshaft , injector current(I used for reference BKD engine type ).No timing error can be found.
At the second check I used the crankshaft signal,injector 1 current,WPS in exhaust and WPS in tandem pump port.At this level I think only one or two injectors(3 and 4 -according to the math of freq(a)) will spray diesel in cylinder in the first 3-4 seconds of starter engagement.Also the tandem pump pressure is too low when the engine start,on the return line only 30-70 mBar!
At the third check I recorded the crankshaft signal,injector 1 current and fuel priming pressure.Here I can see a low value of the pressure when engine is started,also a negative value (-160 mBar )at 1750 RPM.This is a sign of fuel filter ,pipes clogged or at the high speed the tandem pump not need the support from electric fuel pump?
Someone have a full test for a working electric pump:ignition on,starting,idling and WOT?
Thank you.
Attachments
Mitsubishi_Lancer_2009_Diesel_exhaust pressure waveform.psdata
(11.8 MiB) Downloaded 445 times
Mitsubishi_Lancer_2009_Diesel_electric fuel pump.psdata
(7.36 MiB) Downloaded 480 times
Mitsubishi_Lancer_2009_Diesel_TANDEM PUMP PRESSURE.psdata
(14.16 MiB) Downloaded 391 times
Mitsubishi_Lancer_2009_Diesel_Return pressure.psdata
(7.14 MiB) Downloaded 469 times
Last edited by victor2k on Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

victor2k
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Mitsubishi Lancer poor starting

Post by victor2k »

Hello,
Here is a new capture with the pressure from tandem pump at 4690 rpm,according to the repair manual is a good value(1050KPa at 4000RPM).
The timing belt tensioner was wrong fitted,the cam vs crank signals was removed from previous post. :D
Regards
Attachments
tandem pump pressure at 4689 rpm.png