waveform library trial ?

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
foiros

waveform library trial ?

Post by foiros »

Hi everyone,
just one simple question have just downloaded the software, and i wanna watch some reference waveform (for a school project) of toyota diesel engine.
Buti need to have a picoscope automotive connected to my pc for accessing the waveform library ?

Thx to all, have a nice day.

ben.martins
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: waveform library trial ?

Post by ben.martins »

Hello Foiros,

And welcome to the Forum! Always good to see new people join. My name is Ben Martins and I am one of the automotive team here at Pico Technology.

To answer your question regarding the waveform library, yes, you will need a PicoScope attached to your PC. Think of the scope as a key to unlock the library. There is a wealth of information there and currently over 30 waveforms for diesel Toyota.

Don't forget to also look up our facebook group, https://www.facebook.com/groups/755475084656984/, which is growing every day and can link you back to the forum for new updates and information.

Hope this helps and if you need any further assistance please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Kind regards

Ben

foiros

Post by foiros »

Oh thx for your response Ben Martin,
A another question, can i download the library (toyota for exemple) from the workshop pc where we have a picoscope, and use it on a another pc (at home) ? or there is some kind of protection ?

STC
Banned

Post by STC »

Hi Ben

Another feature request !

Perhaps a Coded USB Stick, to accompany each automotive scope. for those of us that don't take the scope home, or have the space ( her indoors objects )

I could spend hours on a car, give up hope then come home. Look again at the captures and the bulb lights up bright !!'

Food for thought

Thanks

ben.martins
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by ben.martins »

Hi Foiros and STC,

Foiros - The idea is that the waveform library is to be used as a reference to help you compare a known good or bad capture whilst you are live with the vehicle. That way if there is something different you find on the library, you are still with the vehicle in order to recheck.

STC - I know where you coming from. I've been there myself where you can spend a whole day looking at something in the workshop and it's only when you come away from it do you have that 'lightbulb' moment. I've asked the question and if I hear anything I'll will post here. I think the idea of a something like a USB stick that you get when you've purchased the scope could be good but would worry about cloned copies being put out there.

Thanks for your input guys and I'll update as soon as I hear anything.

Kind regards

Ben
Last edited by ben.martins on Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

STC
Banned

Post by STC »

Hi again Ben
like a USB stick that you get when you've purchased the scope could be good but would worry about cloned copies being put out there
Indeed that is a worry, it doesn't take the cloners long to ruin a good product. Opcom - Vauxcom is an example. I'm a car man and computing to the point that I need it for cars, business and social needs and not much beyond.

I know James Dillon's Autosolve product that can be installed on multiple PC's but can only be accessed on the machine that the USB dongle is plugged into. I was thinking on those lines.

I have yet to see that cloned ?

ben.martins
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by ben.martins »

Hi STC,

It is indeed a constant worry but there must be a solution and if James Dillon has managed to create a solution then maybe this is a route we can look into.

Thanks again for your input as always.

Kind regards

Ben

STC
Banned

Post by STC »

Ben
if James Dillon has managed to create a solution then maybe this is a route we can look into.
Indeed.

Then we have Autonerdz, close affiliates of Pico & Distributors that have large sections of their forum behind closed doors.

Thank you for taking interest in this, hope it can pan out in some form.

Liteace
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Liteace »

Any updates on this, I need a waveform now this eve for 1 I have to look at tomorrow, I dont have Pico with me to plug into PC