Automotive tab

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
bartyoung64
OneWave
OneWave

Automotive tab

Post by bartyoung64 »

When I use the "automotive" tab on my pico it loads sample wave forms. I thought there was a way for it to load a preset on the scope for those tests. Am I wrong, or how do I get presets?

ben.martins
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: Automotive tab

Post by ben.martins »

Hi bartyoung64,

Great to see you using and exploring the Automotive tabs. Hopefully you're finding them useful. To answer your question it does load a preset into the PicoScope software but this does depend on what you have selected. For instance if you were to select coil on plug, secondary ignition test, you'll notice the scaling on the 'Y' axis is now set in kV.
Auto preset.jpg
Now if we select lets say pressure sensors, WPS500x, In-cylinder and then compression when running you'll now see the scale change to bar.
Auto preset.jpg
Hopefully that helps, but if you are having some concerns with a particular test(s), then do let us know.

As always if there is anything we can assist with then please get in touch.

Kind Regards

Ben
Attachments
Auto preset1.jpg

STC
Banned

Post by STC »

Bart

I'm sure Pico went to a lot of time and trouble into the "Preset" features under the "Automotive" tab. There you will find some useful information regarding the sensor or actuator you want to scope and it will preset the scope voltage and time base for you.

This you want to avoid and always set up the scope yourself, I prefer a longer time base so I can get everything I need on one screen and use the Zoom Feature to analyse the capture.

Each of those embedded presets assume a known good component being measured - something you may not have !?

bartyoung64
OneWave
OneWave

Post by bartyoung64 »

I thought about using the guideline settings like you are saying, but some look like they are already set up, perhaps in custom probes or it's library. I haven't quite figured that out yet although I successfully loaded a couple so far. Still playing and getting used to it. I love the secondary ignition patterns I am getting. It sure beats my 1965 Heathkit scope I built as a teenager!

bartyoung64
OneWave
OneWave

Post by bartyoung64 »

Figured it out. Just have to push the record button to activate the presets from the sample wave form.