USB 2.0 PCMCIA adapters compatible w/ Pico Scope and WINXP?

Ask any questions relating to the PicoScope hardware or kit contents here.
If you have any questions prior to purchasing the kit post them here.
Doug Saros

? USB 2.0 PCMCIA adapters compatible w/ Pico Scope and WINXP

Post by Doug Saros »

I am currently using an older Toshiba Satellite 4300 series Lap top (600 MHz Pentium III) with WIN XP Pro operating system and no USB 2.0 Ports. It does have a 1.1 USB port installed in it. I recently purchased the Pico 4-channel Automotive Oscilloscope kit and am wondering if anyone knows of a 2.0 USB PCMCIA Cardbus adapter that is compatible with both Pico and Windows XP and will work with this application?
Thank you very much for any information and assistance you can give.
Doug Saros
Everett, WA

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

There should be PCMCIA cards which will work with the unit however I do not know any specific makes. There may be someone on here who has had success with one who can help you.

Best Regards

Autonerdz
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

pcmcia

Post by Autonerdz »

Hi Doug,

We already had a conversation about this but I thought I would post here for the benefit of others.

I had a tech support call yesterday from a new user with the 3423 automotive unit. He was having problems with the driver installation step using a Comp USA 2.0 pcmcia cardbus in an older laptop. He had installed the software and then plugged in the hardware with no other programs running, just as you should, so Windows XP could do the find new hardware thing and install the drivers.

When he got to the XP message about unsigned drivers and said continue anyway the PC just locked up. The solution was really quite simple. We did the driver install step on the built in 1.1 port with the pcmcia card removed. He was then able to install the card and go with that.

He was glad he had purchased from Autonerdz so he could get up and running with a phone call and minimal hassle. 8)

I don't know if other card PC combos would have the same issue. This is the only such configuration I have dealt with. But now I have a little ammunition for the next similar issue. Feel free to call if you need help setting up one of these. I welcome the challenge :?
Tom Roberts
(The Picotologist)
Autonerdz