Pico storage solutions

Ask any questions relating to the PicoScope hardware or kit contents here.
If you have any questions prior to purchasing the kit post them here.
liviu2004
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Pico storage solutions

Post by liviu2004 »

Hi, not sure where to put this one, I try here.

Got almost by mistake one of these foam storage for WPS500x. Then I started looking for other foam storage for scope and accessories.

However, googling around for a tool trolley which would fit this form shape wouldn't give me any results.

So, please pico, what kind of trolley is this one in this picture?
trolley.PNG
trolley.PNG (134.92 KiB) Viewed 12997 times
Last edited by liviu2004 on Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PicoMike
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: Pico storage solutions

Post by PicoMike »

Hi,

I've done some digging and believe it came from Sealey. It is only a tabletop draw set.

Quite possibly this one:
http://sealey.co.uk/PLPageBuilder.asp?g ... results=16

Please let me know if you need any more information or assistance,

Thanks,

Mike
Mike Valentine
Online BDM: Pico Technology

liviu2004
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by liviu2004 »

Thanks Mike, that looks like the one. They have it also in the form of rollcab 7 drawer (same internal dimensions for drawers), however, there is a slight issue, I've run the numbers and I miss some cms.

Drawer width 535 mm.
Drawer depth 400 mm.

Pico foam trays have at 1/3 width 185 x 390 mm.
At 2/3 width 370 x 390 mm.
That would give us 3/3 full width 555 x 390 mm or 575 x 370 mm.

So, foam would fit in depth but not in width, miss 20 mm. However, in the picture above, fits great, is it squeezed to fit in or ... I made a mistake in numbers? :oops:

Liviu
Last edited by liviu2004 on Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PicoMike
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by PicoMike »

Hi - I'll double check with the guys here, as I don't want to advise you incorrectly. Watch this space :)
Mike Valentine
Online BDM: Pico Technology

PicoChris
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by PicoChris »

I am fairly certain this is the correct tool chest ( we have had it for a couple of years but I don't think it has changed)

In order to get the foam trays to fit in the tool chest I had to cut them down a little on both sides so 20 mm sounds about right. If you are looking to cut down a foam tray then I recommend using a brand new knife blade ( ideally one with a long cutting edge such as a snap-of blade knife) as any imperfections in the knife blade will tear the foam.

When we originally looked into doing foam trays I spent some time trying to come up with a flexible solution but there are so many different drawer sizes out there it is almost impossible to come up with a solution that works for everyone. In the end we went for a solution targeted at a couple of higher quality suppliers who we felt we would be happy to recommend and had to leave it at that.

Our trays are designed to fit in the Sonic and K&S tool trolleys as standard but can be adjusted for several other manufactures.

liviu2004
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by liviu2004 »

Thanks guys, I think Sonic S7 with 575 x 370 x 60 mm will fit perfect to my foam trays. :wink: