Space bar start/stop intermittently not working

Ask any non-NVH related questions about using PicoDiagnostics software here.
RYM6746
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Space bar start/stop intermittently not working

Post by RYM6746 »

Hi all, has anyone else had the space bar start/stop button intermittently not working? It's not a major issue it's just annoying when it does happen. For instance if I'm looking at ignition and I catch a glimpse of a misfire and it decides not to stop on the space bar I have to hope I can grab the mouse and stop it before another 32 firing events have passed. I know you can extend the amount of screens it saves and all that jazz but I would just like to be able to reliably whack the largest button on the bottom of the key pad :D

Autonerdz
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Space bar start/stop intermittently not working

Post by Autonerdz »

In order to enable the space bar start and stop just left mouse click somewhere in the scope grid area. If you last clicked somewhere else then it might not be enabled.... thinks you are typing a space....

PicoKev
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by PicoKev »

RYM6746 wrote:Hi all, has anyone else had the space bar start/stop button intermittently not working?
Absolutely Yes!

It seems to have affected 6.12.7 as it has been a "Feature" of the software previously but have not noticed it for some time.

I have noticed a correlation between the cursor position and the feature in question..... :shock:

My experience seems to point to if you leave the cursor hovering over the Stop/Go button the space bar becomes noticeably more unreliable, so may well be worth trying keeping the mouse pointer away from the bottom left corner of the screen!

It would be good to get some feedback if that solves the problem. :D I am using W10 by the way what OS are you running?

Kev.

RYM6746
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by RYM6746 »

I am also using W10. Thanks for the tip I will keep you posted

RYM6746
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by RYM6746 »

Yes you are correct when it done this to me I had the mouse pointer hovering over the channel tool bar at the top of the screen. I instantly moved the mouse pointer into the centre of the screen without pushing any buttons on the mouse or keypad and re-hit the space bar and it stopped the capture.
KEEP the mouse pointer in the centre of the screen to avoid this bug :lol:

STC
Banned

Post by STC »

Hi all, has anyone else had the space bar start/stop button intermittently not working? It's not a major issue it's just annoying when it does happen.
I think mine has worked about twice in the last 5 years :?

To think I suffered in silence :) :)