Signal Generator

Ask any questions relating to the PicoScope hardware or kit contents here.
If you have any questions prior to purchasing the kit post them here.
glenn0norris

Signal Generator

Post by glenn0norris »

Is it possible to generate signals for automotive use with any of the pico products? I have been looking at the simauto for this purpose but am hoping it is possible with a pico product?
I currently use the 2channel automotive scope and if this is possible would like to add more pico products rather than spend my money elsewhere.
Thanks in advance

FioranoCars
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Signal Generator

Post by FioranoCars »

Hi Glenn
Sadly, while other scientific Pico products do have external signal generators, the automotive ones do not (well except maybe custom Manufacturer specific ones).

Seems the delay in an answer I assume Pico have no up coming plans or someone from Pico would have said as much!

HTH
Richard

jamesdillon

Post by jamesdillon »

Hi Guys

I use a sensor simulator/signal generator for diagnostic purposes (not a pico product though). It's powered from the vehicle battery and can simulate a wide variety of signals (vary duty/vary pulse/vary frequency/analogue/CMP & CKP waves etc..).

I'm not sure if forum rules prevent me from posting details?

I also have a waveform generator for training purposes (made by Fluke and Snapon).

Cheers

James

STC
Banned

Post by STC »

If you were to google "Automotive Sensor Simulator" I think you will find something of use.

FioranoCars
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by FioranoCars »

Hi
Just realised :idea: that I have one unit that seems pretty good, and I'm not linked to the vendor :D

Made by these people:
http://autoditex.com/automotive-sensor- ... er-60.html

I bought from here in the UK:
http://www.scantool-direct.co.uk/automo ... 327-p.html

The first unit arrived dead, but they were quick to replace it with a working one, and so far used it 3-4 times for ABS testing, to prove the harness and ECU were good before replacing the wheel bearing (viewing the PID at the ECU), though not managed to use as much as I originally thought I would, it's not expensive so still happy with it ... and when it's needed it's perfect. Got a few others for lambda output but this is the first "multi" unit I found.

HTH
Richard