Volvo V50

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.
dieseljohnny
OneWave
OneWave

Re: Volvo V50

Post by dieseljohnny »

Good Find RS-4

Im just wondering was your battery charger(assuming its a battery charger as it almost looks like an inverter aswel :!: ) causing the interference to your captures?
and just wondering what were you running with the item in the bottom right of the picture?
Possible sources of interference to your ?

RS-4
OneWave
OneWave

Post by RS-4 »

Hei

Yes that is battery charger, maybe he makes noise ...Tomorrow I'll record something without him and we will see, good idea.
And the other thing is pwm signal generator ... I used to checking fuel pressure regulator and fuel metering valve.

volrem
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by volrem »

This is so "lovely" engine that we should make special thread for that and gather all strange and not so strange captures and control logic information.

Fact that it fires injectors even with low pressure is interesting. I will be installing injectors on this engine in few days. Will take a capture to see how it reacts until air is primed out and pressure reached.

STC
Banned

Post by STC »

This is so "lovely" engine that we should make special thread for that and gather all strange and not so strange captures and control logic information.
I too have had some fun and games with that family of Engines :cry:

I have found the Technical Guided Fault Finding and Repair Document for it. :D :D
Engineering Flowchart.jpg

arjen
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by arjen »

This is the engine with the fuel pump on the end of the camshaft? If so, check the end of the camshaft. I've seen a few that were broken.

Oops, only read first page of this topic before replying. I see you already found out about the camshaft.