Ford Galaxy - 1.9tdi ASZ Engine Code

If you are not a PicoScope user and want advice with a diagnostic problem then post here. Forum members may be able to help.
STC
Banned

Re: Ford Galaxy - 1.9tdi ASZ Engine Code

Post by STC »

Hi Matt

I do have Comms with PCM - that is where the "Engine Start Blocked by Immobiliser" DTC is stored. That common fault with the Relay is normally indicated by the EML not illuminating as well as No Comms with PCM & No Start - Have seen that one a few times.

I also have Comms with ABS, Airbag, Instruments.

I do not have Comms with PATS or Immobilizer. That is where I am expecting to see Live Data for Immo, Transponder Statuses. I did not see anything in the modules I could talk to.

I'm thinking that I MUST be able to look at Live Data for Immo / Transponder Statuses and Codes in PATS / Immo (it Must be there somewhere) Am I wrong ?

Dcunning35
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Dcunning35 »

From very vague memory , the relay pats on these wasnt able to be diagnosed serially . Back in the days of wds and fds.
The pcm will report vehicle immobilized but the rest was down to flazh codes from led .
I would check the feeds to pats module and grounds also the krypto relay circuit .

Danny

matt copp

Post by matt copp »

i agree with danny i dont belive you can talk to the immobiliser module on some of the older ones i take it this is quite a early mark 2 galaxy, i am pretty sure with the led constantly illuminated its a module comms fault, do you have access to etis or if not do you have the chassis number and i can see what more info there is on there

Tony Carrera

Post by Tony Carrera »

hi my first post the pats module is located drivers side fuse box area it has 10 wires most are white pin 10 is +30 pin 3 is +15 and pin 9 is ground and pin 5 is going in and out relay signal then fires starter motor hope this helps

STC
Banned

Post by STC »

Managed to get back to this.

The No Crank is a separate issue / additional fault to it being Immobilised. It has a Starter Relay, not in the CJB as per Etis but in the Relay carrier in front of the drivers right knee :? Tested, condemned and replaced the relay and now she cranks - runs for a few seconds and dies (As all Immobilised VAG's)

Powers Grounds and Communication Lines at ECU & PATS are all Good.

Here are a couple of captures, the first shows the LED (Flash Codes ??) and the Comms Line between PATS & ECU. Next one is with the PATS to ECU line Cut and the scope connected to both Ends of the Cut wire looking for activity from both ends.
Ford Galaxy 2004 PATS Pin 7 to ECU Cut.psdata
(981.77 KiB) Downloaded 338 times
Any Ideas ?
Thanks

STC
Banned

Post by STC »

Danny

Thanks for the PM

You will be able to open the files if you Download and install the latest BETA 6.12.4 software from here:-

https://www.picoauto.com/downloads.

The BETA will sit alongside your normal Pico software giving you 2 lots.

Those captures include the LED wire - you should be able to read the flash codes from there.

thanks

STC
Banned

Post by STC »

Not having the benefit of Certainties I took a slightly "Naughty Left of Centre" approach to this and temporarily deleted the Immobiliser from the PCM Strategy, and she burst into life but the Instruments would die after a couple of seconds.

A few basic checks and it is evident that it is Charging at 19v (All observation - Not "Over Voltage" Fault Codes).

Currently awaiting authority to fit a new alternator. I wonder if the PATS is "Cooked" or just Shutting Down ??

Regardless, We have light at the end of the tunnel and a car that will be returned back to active service.

Dcunning35
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Dcunning35 »

Good call ,nothing wrong with a cheeky side step when someone is without wheels.
Deleting the immo from the pcm and finding the over voltage does suggest eeprom corruption or damage it could be either pats or pcm but I think most likely the pcm eeprom took a hit might be worth re instating strategy and attempting re initialization to pats and re learning keys.
But the owner may prefer just to keep it pats free.

Well done stc

STC
Banned

Post by STC »

Danny
nothing wrong with a cheeky side step when someone is without wheels.
Before I got it running he was screaming for it, now it runs and I've told him it needs an alternator he was all "cant afford it" and went Awol. Today he dragged his non runner van in and wants that done first !!!!

Of course he needs the van fixed so he can go to work and pay me next week :D :D

Rock and a Hard Place ?