S1000XR

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.
Eric_P

S1000XR

Post by Eric_P »

Hello to all,

I have a problem with my bmw S1000xr, the motor turns too lean lambda 1.215.
the scope image shows the two screens of the two lamba signals but there is a difference between the two sensors

knows someone advice here with my problem

How can i upload the image of my pico????

Thanks Eric
Attachments
s1000xr_01.PNG

STC
Banned

Re: S1000XR

Post by STC »

Hi Eric

You would upload the PSdata file just as you have the Capture above, maybe the file size is over 20mb, i think that is the limit per file - can someone confirm?

Once you hit the "Add The File" button you may need to wait for it to load, can take a minute sometimes. There is a bug that, once the file has loaded, will show a "PHP ERROR" You will need to scroll up to the top of the screen to see that. If you do get the error then just hit "Preview" and that should sort it out for you.

Motorbikes are not my thing so guide me here. The 02 sensors you have scoped I guess are both Pre Cat sensors ?
Is this engine a "V" Configaration (im guessing 4 cylinders) ??

At first glance both 2 sensors look to be reacting well, both bouncing around between 100 & 900 mV and not indicative of a High or Low Lambda - However we do not know what your STFT & LTFT Readings are.

They Red & Blue traces look different because you have Channel A & B on different Voltage Scales,

Set them both to +-5v and take the captures again from Engine Start > Idle > 2500rpm > Wide Open Throttle > Back to steady Idle If you have 4 channels then add MAP or MAF.

Any Fault codes ? Live data for Tempratures, Pressures, STFT, LTFT, Injector Durations, MAF ?

Do you have access to 4 Gas Analyser ?

Eric_P

Post by Eric_P »

Hi

Sorry for my Englisch
Yes 2 o2 sensor Pre Cat (euo3 emission)

4cil in line
o2 sensor for cil 1-2 give me 134°C on the exhaust
02 sensor for cil 3-4 give me 190°C on the exhaust

I have a 4 Gas Analyser and it gives me a lambda of 1.215 so the motor turns to lean.

the lambda sensors are NTK japan sensor zirconium-dioxide-based
Can i do something with a resistor to make it rich

Thanks Eric
Attachments
S1000xr_02.psdata
(69.63 KiB) Downloaded 671 times

KimAndersen
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by KimAndersen »

Hi Eric_p

Those temperature readings from the oxygen sensors seems very low - they should be above 300 degrees celsius before the sensors works effectively.

Try hold a steady rpm at 2200 rpm for a minute or two to warm up the sensors properly. If the oxygen sensors does not reach any higher temperautre than you have stated - then I think you have a issue with the internal heating of the sensors.

The other possible cause to a lean lambda reading is a air leak somewhere in the intake system or exhaust system or mechanical defect.

Regards
Kim

STC
Banned

Post by STC »

I have a 4 Gas Analyser and it gives me a lambda of 1.215 so the motor turns to lean.
Lambda is just a calculation and not a direct measurement, could you post the 4 individual gas readings. Preferably taken before the catalyst.

First, as Kim has pointed out, the 02's will have to be up to temperature.

Eric_P

Post by Eric_P »

Hi KimAnderson

The temperature reading are done with a motor temperature of 100°C, I think that its because i use a infrared temp metre

The bike is a new bike 4000km so i think that only software can be the problem
My bike will go to the dealer of bmw Belgium i am only curious for myself

Hi STC
i know that the lambda is just calculation but it is something to take care of it
i can not do a individual gas reading because the bike is under warranty.

thanks to all

Eric_P

Post by Eric_P »

Hello STC

correct the lambda is just a calculation, but it gives me something to take worry about it, my bike is a new one and I can not take a individual gas reading or a need to make wholes in the exhaust :(
the reading of the temperature are done with a infrared temperature metre. The motor turns 20min and have reached Water temperature of 102°C

Hello to KimAnderson

My bike is a new one for me i think that the problem can be a problem of software or a bad Kenfield.

Thanks Eric