Mitsubishi Cantor 2008

If you are not a PicoScope user and want advice with a diagnostic problem then post here. Forum members may be able to help.
STC
Banned

Mitsubishi Cantor 2008

Post by STC »

Not quite sure what I have taken on here. It is completely dead. It has been around the houses for months and the story is it has been jumped the wrong way.
Facts are:
Ignition switch has power coming in and switching out. When you switch Ignition on Relays etc. can be heard to click.
Instruments are dead, as is the Radio.

Using Star I have Comms with ABS, nothing else. Surprised that WIS did not have any diagrams.

Can any one either help or point me in the direction of comprehensive wiring diagrams for this, I would prefer factory.

Having to pay is not an issue.

Thank You
Last edited by STC on Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

volrem
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Mitsubishi Cantor 2008

Post by volrem »

Haven't used myself but http://www.mitsubishitechinfo.eu should help you out.

STC
Banned

Post by STC »

Hi Volrem, Good evening.

I have looked there before for a L200 and it did not go back as far as 2008, I did pay to look. I looked again today and from what I can see there is nothing there for the Cantor.

volrem
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by volrem »

May be the case.

This page states:

Code: Select all

You must check which Mitsubishi model(s) are available through this site before registering on and/or subscribing to this site. For models you cannot retrieve the information you require, please contact your local Mitsubishi Motors Authorized Service Point
I wonder how easy it is to get this info from dealer.

STC
Banned

Post by STC »

please contact your local Mitsubishi Motors Authorized Service Point
I think that means I would have to take it there for them to fix it. I will call the dealer and the Mitsubishi UK If I don't find anything. Or walk away.
Officially I think they would be breaking their Franchise Agreement by divulging it. Intellectual Property ..... ??

Autologic have that headache as you will be aware.

andrewbishop66
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by andrewbishop66 »

Hi found wiring diagram pm email address its in pdf format

Andrew

STC
Banned

Post by STC »

Thank you Andrew - PM Sent

volrem
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by volrem »

STC wrote:
please contact your local Mitsubishi Motors Authorized Service Point
I think that means I would have to take it there for them to fix it. I will call the dealer and the Mitsubishi UK If I don't find anything. Or walk away.
Officially I think they would be breaking their Franchise Agreement by divulging it. Intellectual Property ..... ??

Autologic have that headache as you will be aware.

I think it means that it's too difficult to make that old? data available in internet so you should be able to but it from dealer directly. And I don't think that there would be any agreement breaking since Mitsubishi is "forcing" dealer to offer it.

There is some kind EU law? or something that forces car manufacturers to make data available to independent workshops.

For example I have Volvo license but there are some things I can't access. And these things I can get through local distributor (my local dealer). No problem and meant to be like that.

Autologic is different case. The broke (still are?) license agreement and basically stole (still steal?) from manufacturer.

STC
Banned

Post by STC »

I think it means that it's too difficult to make that old? data available in internet so you should be able to but it from dealer directly. And I don't think that there would be any agreement breaking since Mitsubishi is "forcing" dealer to offer it.
Good Point
There is some kind EU law? or something that forces car manufacturers to make data available to independent workshops.
Think it is comes under the banner of the "Block Exemption. Anybody had any success getting anything from Sangyang ?
Autologic is different case. The broke (still are?) license agreement and basically stole (still steal?) from manufacturer.
I don't believe they are still doing it, their approach and tool has changed considerably. They must be being watched by the Manufacturers.

Dcunning35
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Dcunning35 »

Have managed to get what you need stc , I have a contact in the local dealer and I can always ask the question.just pm me with the details . I am right in thinking the cantor is a light commercial? My man is in a car dealership but I would think he could pull his finger out for us .
Danny