How do i open the pddata file

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
scopeman

How do i open the pddata file

Post by scopeman »

Hi i did a compression test today using the software that came with pico scope.Did the compression test and saved the file but it saved it as a pddata file and i cannot open it .Was hoping i could get to see the test.

PicoKev
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: How do i open the pddata file

Post by PicoKev »

.pddata files should open just like any other if you have the same or later version (that the file was created in) of Pico Diagnostics installed on the device you have the file saved on.

Either double click on the file in file manager or open Pico Diagnostics and click "File" then "load" select the file you want to open and click the "Open" tab and it should all work. :D
Last edited by PicoKev on Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scopeman

Post by scopeman »

Hi thanks .Tried doing that but keep getting error message " value cannot be null.parameter name.source"

PicoKev
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by PicoKev »

That sounds like a db error possibly the file corrupted on save? Have you saved any other files to test?

Best thing to do is to send the file to support@picotech.com along with the details of the PD software version you used and the OS / PC details. That way you help the process of making sure that the software is as good as it can be.

Kev.

scopeman

Post by scopeman »

Hi thanks for the help.Yes i have saved other files from sensor tests i did .They all were saved as psdata files and work fine.Just the compression test saved as PDDATA file and will not open.

PicoPhil
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by PicoPhil »

Hi
Was this test done in PicoScope 6 or Pico Diagnostics ?
Any file should just open when PicoScope is installed on a laptop or PC even without the scope plugged in.
Which version software are you using.
Thanks Phil R

hvac

Post by hvac »

Yesterday I encountered the same problem.
Win 7 and picodiagnostics, comp test wont open.

savitha

Post by savitha »

Hi,
How to open file .psdata in automation mode.
I want to open the file in /a mode.

picoscope /a Menu.File.Items.&Open?
'Open??' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
what is the command to open a file in /a mode

Martyn
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Martyn »

If you use Tools->MaxcroRecorder and start a macro recording then any action you take will populate the command that you would need to use from the automation interface. For opening files this is

File.IO.Open=FileNameIncludingPath

If an action does not populate in the macro recorder then that action is not available from the automation interface.
Attachments
FileOpen.PNG
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

Technician
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Technician »

There is another type of problem I have also come across with pddata files using Pico6 software.

When the operator using the scope stops the data on the graticule screen and chooses file save as, creates a folder and then enters the pddata file into the folder created, to that point it is OK, you can close it and open it and all works well, however, if that folder is moved into another folder, even without opening the file pddata, that software file previously saved for some reason becomes corrupt, and you can't move the file back to recovery it either.

So what I am saying is that you can't save the file in a folder and then move that folder as the software becomes corrupted.